Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Taking control of your time!

This module has reinforced in my mind the important concept of choice. Each day all of us in our individual daily lives are forced to make choices in regards to how we use time in the most efficient ways possible.This module has helped me to reconsider my own priorities and provided focus on the skills of time management in my life.

Agreed. As time passes, our jobs and lives change so much that our priorities need to change too. Every once in a while, it’s good to reevaluate our priorities to identify tasks that have become most important.

Priorities are important. As a person that already manages time very well I can become so set to a schedule that I refuse to change it regardless of the outcome. This module has served to remind me that it is ok to reevaluate prioroities.

I agree. Sometimes it is easy to get overwhelmed when you are pulling double shifts.

Time is what we give up for pay when we agree to go to work for someone else. As an employee of a school we agree to follow the rules and administer the policies to the students even if we don't personally agree. I understand the attempt to get people to take control to get a sense of well being, but ultimately our time IS dictated by our employer while we are at work.

some people are just slow..... they need alot of time

As we preform are jobs we have to remember that we can make a defernce on how are do is going to go. We can choice to make it a bad day or we can make the best of are job and be more able to focus on are task.

I had a friend of mine tell me the other day that lazy beats busy every time. We were discussing a class with many students who would wander back to class and sit instead of taking on and extra task. As an instructor many times we have to motivate these students to take advantage of the time they paid good money for. Practice here will make them lots of money sooner in the world of auto repair

Great points Marvin! Some of our students have too much time. Teaching them to manage a fuller schedule now will give them practice in their subject specialty and time management.

I agree, too. For me, my priorities change by the minute, therefore, I have to reevaluate all the time.

My personal struggle is getting started. I put things off till tomorrow or later and when I finally get started on the project, it took less time and effort than I percived. I have learned to make a list, prioritize, start and complete the project if possible. Starting this course is a good example of my procrastination. I first logged in months ago. This course will help with my own time management issues and hopefully help me help others.

Sounds great Tim. Yes, one of the most difficult things is getting started. I recommend breaking your tasks into several manageable, bite-sized pieces. Then, start small with the first piece.

Sign In to comment