Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning about the right and left hemispheres and 4 quadrants brain activities was interesting.

Brain-based teaching is important.

There are different learning styles for each adult learner. There needs to be avaliability for all students to learn which will be incorporated by utilizing the various techniques to create a positive teaching style so students can develop the skills and education required.

The study of the brain functions, allows professors to design the correct and appropriate assignments taking into consideration what the students are really able to do.

Variety is key to help the majority learn. Assessing learning types of small groups could be helpful for adapting activities. 

There are different quadrants of the brain attributed with being more or less receptive to different learning styles. It is important to be able to speak to all different styles so people who are more dominant in one learning type can understand various concepts. Implementing games is a good way to teach abstract learners.

People learn in many different ways and utilizing different areas of the brain.  Adult learners vary in the ways they learn the best.  I have my students take a learning test to learn the best ways to teach them. 

Looking at this I was familiar with right brain, left brain concepts, yet working with students to try and engage all 4 quadrants would hopefully give everyone the ability to learn better by being able relate in the way that they see most useful.  

I learned there are numerous learning styles. I will use this information about learning styles to make sure I use various techniques and tools in my courses that can motivate and provide comprehension for different types of learners. For example, when creating an online lecture and assignment, I can use a few different techniques like written information, PowerPoint slideshows, videos, and discussion posts where students can apply their knowledge while also interacting with other students.

I thought this section was really interesting.  Helped me understand better how my learning style is expressed in my teaching.  Also helps me think about the need for options to broaden my techniques

Using different styles of teaching to help all students and keeping things fun and interesting like playing games.

I found this section generally addressed the brains function and related their research to using different forms of engagement that would address the researched based information about how the brain works. This supports the use of games and a variety of styles of delivery.

When it comes to instruction, to successfully teach all adults, it is important to include a variety of activities in the classroom.

I learned there are various portions of the brain that control different learning styles.

Right vs left brain, or different parts of the brain being responsible for different thinking processes and abilities, is an interesting concept. I'd be interested in reading more about multiple intelligences, and will further my education on this section of learning styles in my personal time.

There are diverse theories about how the brain's functions are located in the brain. One theory states that the brain in divided in left and right, another one is based on the top and bottom of the brain. Another ons states that there are divied in 4 quadrant. And finally, other researcher says that there are 7 different categories on intelligences.

All of this let us think that we need to consider each particular person and the needs, capabilities and skills that can have in order to create appropriate learning routes.

Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences proposes that people have different kinds of bits of intelligence, not just a single general intelligence. Introduced in 1983, Gardner initially identified seven intelligences: linguistic, logical-mathematical, musical, bodily-kinesthetic, spatial, interpersonal, and intrapersonal. Later, he added naturalistic and existential intelligence to the list. This theory suggests that traditional IQ tests primarily measure linguistic and logical-mathematical abilities and do not capture the full range of human intelligence. Gardner argues that understanding these different intelligences can help better tailor education and teaching methods to suit individual strengths and abilities.

Be aware of many teaching styles to accommodate different learning styles. 

Comment on Richard Hamill's post: I have found that by using various hands-on labs that closely match real life experiences of analyzing , troubleshooting and applying various solutions most of the learning styles are involved there by appealing to the various brain applications.

Sign In to comment