Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Game are always a great tool in learning

Everyone has different learning styles, but we need to help students find out what works best for them and follow up to make sure they are adapting to the enviroment. 

Simulations are great learning activities for all different type of learners.

 

Having games, like Jeopardy helps the students to stay engaged and learn the subject.

Excellent lesson.

It is very important to incorporate the different learning styles into how you deliver your content. I can't just utilize one because not all students learn the same. I have been trying to figure out how to change things up, and this information has been a great help!

Making sure students are learning and engaged by stimulating activities 

 

I can echo that.  I have used Jeopardy and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire for content review.   I typically break the class into three or four groups and the group gets to collaborate on the answer.  For that reason, the 'buzzer' time is extended.

I have simulations built into the class but I want to try some games like jeopardy. I have learned how someone can learn in this way 

Considering the types of learnign activities in my class should be linked to my every day learning objectives. I should make sure to include activities that stimulate the brain in different ways. 

 

The importance of using games to to make learning more fun is a good way to help students remember information. 

I love teaching using the MI's and Learning styles. It is more work up front, but I believe the kids can show more of what they learned because it's their style, not mine.

 

Students may need to take a break and reflect on what is learned during the course time.

 

Teaching  with games and simulators  can help enhance  the learners education.

Competing theories on these ideas exist, but interesting terminology to express what has been articulated in other ways elsewhere. 

The Triune Brain is composed of the neocortex, limbic, and reptilian

Great synopsis by Mr. Taylor!

Seth Soronnadi

Learned that; "The most important audit of an activity is to ensure that it is aligned to the learning objectives."

 

I also agree = good summary

I agree with Mr. Taylor.

I think you need as good foundation.

Sign In to comment