Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding Your Institution | Origin: CM201

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in Florida --> Understanding Your Institution

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The importance of know and experience what we offer, so we can communicate effectively and properly understand the prospects and students. 

I have learned that it is important to follow 6E-1.0032's guidelines when developing marketing materials. 

There isn't a one-size-fit all marketing plan that institutions adopt. It is best to know about the audience you are attempting to attract and the needs of those individuals to ensure you are supplying information and programs that best meet the community needs. 

I learned about the importance of the course catalog 

I learned that it is best practice to gain experience in something that you are doing. The example of a person going to massage school having opted to take a massage to have a deeper knowledge of the experience when going into their chosen field was eye opening. This has motivated me to want to see if I can shadow any classes to get a more comprehensive understanding of how they are run so that I can discuss these aspects, in earnest, with prospective students.

I learned to read your catalog and speak to instructors regarding program for additional product knowledge and other departments. Having accurate knowledge of the institution will help the student make their decision and we will follow the rules and regulations for best practices. 

I learned about the best practices that should be adhered and it is always good to actually sit in on classes, workshops, and other options available in career services to be well informed.

I learned marketing can vary for institution to institution but must follow the same guidelines.

 

I learned the importance and benefits of learning about the courses and programs my institution offers and I will try to sit in on some classes to better understand each program.

In this lesson, I learned how important it is to stay up to date on your institution's marketing and departments to see what courses are like and so I can better convey information regarding that to prospective students. 

In this module I learned the importance of staying up to date on organizational structures, educational programs, student services and the marketing of the institution. I will apply this knowledge to being a well informed live resource for our students.

I learned that understanding my institution's mission and everything we have to offer is important to have ready for potential students. I plan to apply this by representing my institution professionally and becoming as knowledgeable as I can on every subject 

I have learned that collecting resource material is useful. Speaking with instructors and sitting in on classes is also beneficial during the admissions process. I enjoyed and gained a lot from this section.

Advertising and marketing are the responsibility of the marketing team, but I should also have a copy of advertisements distributed by my designated university. It is also important to understand where the leads are coming from to make that connection.

I learned it's my responsibility to learn and stay inform of any changes so I am able to to help and give the correct information.

I learned the importance of staying informed and collaborating across departments to provide prospective students with accurate information. 

To give prospective students transparent information about the institution, it is best to immerse yourself in what is offered so you can properly present it. I also learned that there isn't 1 required marketing tool that needs to be utilized, it truly depends on what the university believes to be the most effective. 

I learned that a good way to learn about the programs offered is to sit in on a class or two. 

I learned that understanding my institution’s programs, policies, staff, student services, and marketing is essential. I will stay informed, collaborate with key departments, and provide prospective students with accurate and verifiable information.

Sign In to comment