Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I gained a better understanding of strategies for test question writing and also when to use what type of questions in assessment planning. 

there are different test used to asses the students progress

There are several different types of testing methods you can use. It is good to use a variety. However, I did learn that matching tests are not always the best option as it is difficult for students to transfer information and could become confused.

I learned how different styles of testing relate to the subject of study, also how to use the test to correctly evaluate the knowledge of the students.

Numerous educators regard essay questions as the epitome of assessment, as they demand a higher level of engagement from students compared to other question formats. Unlike multiple-choice questions, essay prompts necessitate more than mere recognition of correct responses, rendering rote memorization ineffective in preparation for essay examinations. By their very nature, essay inquiries evaluate intricate cognitive processes, critical analysis, and problem-solving abilities, mandating students to articulate their thoughts effectively through coherent English prose.

I learned about the different types of assessments and which one to use when I am looking for certain outcomes.

I learned what the different testing styles were and how they are productive in the classroom. 

Assessments are important because they reveal how much the student has learned.

The compare and contrast of the different typed of test.  Pro/con and when to use!

i learned about the different testing procedures and how they have different pro's and con's

Make essay questions comprehensive rather than focused on small units of content.

I learned that the woman in the video has a style that I find to be very off putting.  Nearly every video they show of her, is to say the least concerning.  In this section she discusses, "Negative points" in participation.  Most of it was ok, until she says if a student had been wanting to get involved in the discussion but wasn't able, finally gets a turn, but asks about something from earlier that is a negative.  That is a terrible teaching method.  That student had a question and you are going to penalize them for asking because you judge it too late?  The only thing that will accomplish is discouraging participation.

Sign In to comment