Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Graduations

I attempt to attend as many graduations as possible, the students really appreciate seeing as many instructors attending and shows our gratitude for all the hard work they have done.

I also try to attend all the graduations I can because some students don't have anyone to pat them on the back . they are students of all ages.Having a good job or great job said to them is a meaningful thing.I also try to keep in touch with them after they go home no matter where home is.

There is nothing more satisfying than to have a graduate contact you for advise, weather it's a problem at work. Or for advice about an interveiw.

I so much agree. And, this is a sign that they trust you!

Dr. B

We have an unwritten policy that all instructors attend graduation as this is not only the student's time to shine, but for the instructors and staff who have contributed to the student's success be able to share in the ceremony and be appreciated. Graduation is when everything we do comes together and makes all the hard work really meaningful.

I like when the students come back and thank you for all your work. Its nice to see them proud of there accomplishment after all there hard work.

at our school everyone is required to attend ... admissions, SS, instructors, career services in order to show support.

I believe it would help stendents still attending school, and having a tough time. Going to graduation for them, may "pump" them back up.

I think that attending graduations express your total comittment to the student's success.

when you attend grauation it helps to let the student feel that they were important as an indavidul and not just another person in a seat.
it is also nice to ask student still in the program and new to the program to attend it show them that it can be done and at some point that will be them up there getting recognition for the hard work and sacrofices they have made to achieve there goals.

I like the idea of the pubic announcement of your graduates. Such as a local newspaper.

I love love love the part of this forum on Graduations. We currently have them, and all staff is required (and usually want to) attend. However, we skimp a little bit and make it maybe a little too informal. I think we forget that a good number of our students didn't go/have a High School Graduation because they skipped it or received their GED. This is hard work and a great accomplishment-they are starting their Careers now! We should do extra in this area at my Campus and will do so moving forward.

Holly,

Yes, make a big deal out of their success. The school will benefit in terms of more leads and retention.

Dr. Larry Banks

At our culinary school every chef instructor attends graduation. It's very important for the students to see all the instructors they had assembled. We make an effort to always secure excellent guest speakers that are well regarded in the industry. It's a great way to conclude their education experiance with our program.

I agree, graduation is something to memory of the new beginning future. Let them celibate and enjoys it! They will be proud of themselves. And to show that you has been there for them!

It is the culmination of hard work and studying that has paid off for this special day. I take pride in attending our students graduation and personally complimenting them on their achievements and success.

Kathleen,

Graduation is a positive experience for all that attend. It is what we are all working towards, students, staff, and faculty,

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Sign In to comment