Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

compliance course

Good course! Used some motivational techniques such as "Best in Class" certificates for the student with the highest grade, and class participation. This piece of paper they can include in their portfolios, and can present when interviewing for a job.

We use a bulletin board that recognizes students with outstanding acheivement. We make sure to show prospecive students the board during the tour.

Wouldn't the bulletin board be in violation of FERPA?  The test I just took used a scenario of a recruiter sharing personal anecdotes about a current student:

Sharing personal anecdotes about current students violates the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) which prohibits the unauthorized disclosure of student information.

Since I don't really know what information was disclosed, I can't really argue.

I believe anything that promotes a culture of success is a great idea, but being licenced has put limitatons (for the better).

where you bored

I hand out certificates that can be used as extra points towards homework for those students that show for class on time, prepared and in their uniform.  I'm operating within compliance while still acknowledging those students that are going the extra mile. 

Sign In to comment