Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learn the Basics | Origin: CM204

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in Texas --> Learn the Basics

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

So far in this course I have learned that the admissions representative role is very important and prodiving correct information to a potiental student is key. Also we need to be organized with the correct information that students need. 

Marketing and school promoting is the best way to get students  interest in going back to school, as seen on commercials students and instructors look very happy, that attracks the eye of the viewers.

Compliance is a critical role in admissions, and it is important to stay up to date on changes in policy and procedures from all regulatory agencies. Knowing where to find this information and how to properly organize it to refer back to are crucial steps. I also learned that knowing how certain terms are defined by multiple regulatory agencies is also important to maintain compliace standards. LAstly, knowing the different types of advertising and marketing materials that my institution utilizes and making sure that they are in compliance in content and placement are very important roles.

it is very important that the Representative be very knowledgeable and well informed about the institution that he / she represent.

and compliance is very important , and making sure the student should be well informed about the what kind of course that they are enrolling to. 

That an understanding of the regulations are just as important as using the materials

Staying in compliance is key. Making sure that the students and myself is aware of what the school is and how we function so that the student will know if this is the best option for them. Making sure that we have files on each student and that it is approved and that we stay up to date on all process and procedures

Since I am new at this, I am finding the improtance of knowing what to say and do is just as important as knowing what not to say and do.  Also, having a full understanding of my institutions policies and procedures as well as the state's rules and regulations as they relate to day to day interactions with prospective students and colleagues.

The first section is very clear about compliance ("following the rules") with Texas laws and with TWC. Understanding the expectations and goals of the prospective student is emphasized. Although we are a smaller career college, it is my responsibility to know everything about the school including the application process, the catalog, the means of delivery of course material and the job description of the Director should I need to stand in for that person on occasion

Marketing correctly is very important. Being compliant and making sure everyone is trained in complaince is extremely important.

Making sure to keep things organized seems like a great way to keep track of information and have it easily accessible. There is a lot of information, so the easier it is to retrive, the better!

So far I have learned important terminology and the emphasis on making sure we are in compliance of all rules and regulations as outlined by the USDE. 

The school Reps must be informed of regulation, and students are well aware of their enrollments.

it was a refreshment about all the rules and regulation of twc. 

it was refreshment aboutthe rules and regulation also help me to understand more over all the precidures. 

I learned that if you keep things organized and in order will be an excellent way to keep track of information and easily accessible. There is so much information, so the organization of it will make things easier to access.

So far I have learned that it is important to know the procedures involved in enrolling a student and the handling of leads as well as compliance with advertising and marketing. 

I have learned the importance and responsibility of being an admissions recruiter and I plan on studying and applying the proper procedures and policies to every encounter. 

I have learned how to keep our school compliant and the importance of providing the correct information to future students. 

It is important to be aware and understand all of the rules and regulations. As an admissions representative, my job is to fully understand my institutions policies and procedures to provide accurate information to prospective students.

Sign In to comment