Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Get to Know Your Institution | Origin: CM205

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in Colorado --> Get to Know Your Institution

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned how important it is to be very accurate, clear and responsible when explaining things to students. There are very detailed rules and regulates that need to be followed to ensure the correct information is being shared. 

This module went over how it's important to go over all the resources available to students. As well, how Orientation is there to help get them get their feet wet, and meet other students like themselves.

I learned to be accurate of details provided to students at all times.  Don't adlib during your meeting.  provide precise and accurate information to assist them to enroll.  Explain that we have specific departments that handle specific questions and duties.

I learned the importance of ensuring that all information provided to students during interviews and enrollment is accurate - no guestimating or rounding. Also, make sure to inform students of all services available to them.

I learning that a good admissions process includes what will be offered to assist the student after graduation. Such as alumni services, job placement information, career services, etc. 

I learned the importance of knowing your programs and make easy transitions to fit your student's needs. It is important to stay up to date and knowledgeable to provide the best information to your students at all times.

Sign In to comment