Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managers can emphasize new benchmarks that can affect compensation like punctuality, certain skill set etc... This will help staff improve their performance and motivate them to function and achieve goals in an more professional and ethical manner.

Provide examples on how they can positively change a life. How if you do the right thing by the student, they will be grateful to you.
During training, provide lunch and treats, fun games, and team building skills

First of all managers need to make sure they have the right staff on board and have a true passion for helping others reach their educational goals. It's imperative that the manager knows how each team member likes to be recognized. I know at our insitution we had a day trainging on learning the on individual motivating factors.

Jennifer,

Understanding the individuals on your team is the first step to becoming an effective manager. Once you understand what makes your staff members feel appreciated you know what to do to keep them motivated.

Cindy Bryant

I am the type of person who takes the time to understand how each of my coworkers minds work. Ultimately that's how I learn to work with others. Now that I have been at this job for over a year I understand each one of them quite well. Motivation for myself would be that all of my work experience is going to boost my marketability. The sky is the limit to opportunities and the harder I work to enroll students the easier it will become. Other people in my office would like to receive an object of appreciation or motivation such as a certificate for a job well done or employee of the week or something. Others like a pat on the back and some would rather nothing at all. Everyone is different. I think that taking the time to know who you work with and what gets them motivated is very important!

Janel,

Knowing employees well leads to a healthy work culture. Having employees train together and work in teams creates a positive synergy. When employees know each other well, they seldom fight and criticize fellow workers.

Cindy Bryant

Admissions definitely has its ups and downs.

Sign In to comment