Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ethical Practices

Giving potential students correct salary expectations of the industry they are training for.
It would otherwise be misleading, the student need to know that they can pay back their debt and make a living at their chosen profession.

Discrimination
Ensure all students are treated fairly and equally. They all have the right to the same education and should be able to benefit equally.

Maintaining high standards and expectations
We are often teaching and training students to work in a demanding job field. We need to prepare them to be successful in the work place and the higher we hold the standards in the classroom the more successful they will be in the industry

Discuss three common ethical practices that are most important to you and why.

1. training - keep current on policies & procedures

2. technology - using modern technology for effective communications

3. time management - most efficient & effective workload with number of employees in the office

Keeping current on professional practice in nursing is of upmost importance when teaching in nursing.

Integrity..Because this is who you are as a person and business related issues..Doing everything right!

Knowledge..The knowledgable one is about what they do..the easier it is to explain the information..

Responsibilty..Take ownership

We must present a clear and open approach to all prospective students. We must always have their goals in mind and match those with our educational programs

Honesty - With the pressure in this industry it is so easy to veer another way. We need to be honest with each other, our students, and ourself.

Teamwork - True team work, to include all departments and students, is hard to maintaine. Many silos are in our industry.

integrity - it ties those two ethics together.

Disclosure of information regarding tuition, range of salary expectations as dissimenated by CCI/admissions and integrity as to admissions practices and procedures.

Never exaggerate information- prospective students are counting on you to be honest providing information that will help them make the decision.

I don't believed in enrolling a student if he or she is not ready to start.

The three most ethical practices for me would be to always keep the students interest in mind first. That way I can truly best help the student. Setting realistic expectations is extremely important to me so they know what to expect and aware of what is expected from them. Also, being knowledgable of our schools program is key in finding the right fit for a student.

This is a great list to use as guiding principles!

I like these three. They reflect the business world and also the medical and academic worlds. THe knowledge obtained and exhibited will further demonstrate or lead into the person's integreity and responsibility. This is the person I would like to work with.

The Golden Rule- treat others as you would want to be treated.

Honesty-If you dont know the anwser to something dont make up something go out of your way to find the answer and you will have the information for future refrence.

Safety-Always be safe on your job and follow guidelines.

I feel that that way Concorde programs are designed, it gives the students a well-rounded set of skills that will make them more marketable within their respected field of study!The business, medical and academic world of what they reflect are key components for them being successful!

I totally agree. At Concorde, our goal is to develop students into the most well-rounded employee with both a competency in knowledge and skill. Students today have to accept their own destiny and make that destiny best for them. In my eyes, the best aspect regarding the Concorde Programs is wonderful opportunities to real life situations,experiences and opportunites for critical thinking....Clinicals. We are fortunate to be able to allow the students the biggest and the best hospitals in the DFW area. It is at these very clinicals the students take their knowledge,skills and reasoning abilities and put them all to use. The patients only are better because of this.

we must listen to the students needs, wants and interest. Provide the student with clear and correct information so that they are able to make a well informed decision.

Well stated, Karima. Listening to students is key to providing them with the information which they want to make their decision.

Punctuality, Integrity, and Professionalism

Honesty transparency consistency

making sure we properly represent ourselves as a school, state the facts, and do not over sell

Sign In to comment