Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

True Customer Service

Customer service is very important in our industry, but I find that there is too much of a rush to assist without having all the correct info in hand. It is as if customer service is defined by the ability to hurry in order to help someone. With these new regulations, hopefully we can all see the benefit of taking time out to make sure that the right thing is done.

Yes i believe if you listen to what the customer is saying you are then capable of moving on and helping the customer. Most of all knowing their interest and needs.

I honestly believe that if you are truly listening to your student and providing the right level of customer service; things like compliance and following regulations will come naturally because you are thoroughly listening and acting properly.

Not only listening to what the customer is saying but hearing what they are saying is important. Many times the underlying subject matter is what needs discussed and brought to light.

We must set our school above the others by being the best we can be for the students we serve. Customer service is one way to make a difference with how we enroll, teach, and prepare each student for the profession they have chosen.

Listening to what the students are saying, may help form the program to more student orientated needs in the program.

in my experience people want to me helped not sold... i feel that if you truly service the customer, it facilitates the sale...

First of all when we talk about customer service , we take a step back and realize the importance of helping another person. It's about always doing the right thing for someone else. We are here to provide good customer service by providing the best help we could give to another individual.

Sometimes I feel we have to rush through getting a student enrolled and packaged. We aren't able to explain enough to them so they truely understand what they are getting into. I believe every one of our student's deserve our time and undivided attention.

I agree. As busy as we all are, we can't make the customer feel rushed. We started a new policy quite a few months back of asking" What else can I do for you?

Yes I also believe that listening is essential to good customer service; you have to hear what they do not understand. Not everyone will understand the same script and you have to be able to adapt to their learning style. If you are not listening, paying attention to their body language or the tone of their voice you may not even realize that you have lost them. We owe it to our students to pay attention.

I keep all revelent material organized and available in a binder. That was I can focus on the prospective students needs and desires instead of running around getting the handouts etc that are needed.

in addition, while you are in an interview with a prospective student--the phone won't stop ringing.....i think it is highly inappropriate to answer a phone call while you have a student in front of you. furhtermore, you are using the same phone script with the phone call that you used with the person in front of you! how does that make the person in your office feel?? it makes us look like sales people who don't care....

Customer Service involves handling the individual needs of each client. This cannot be rushed or handled in a uniform manner. Each client/student wants to feel that they are being heard and their specific concerns/questions will be addressed.

Megan is right, I have had to answer the phone mid-interview w/ a student. I do feel it is inappropriate. True customer service is focusing on that one student before you and listening as well as giving the right information. I believe if we "right fit" the student to what it is that they truly want and need, we as Admissions Representatives have done our job :)

Good customer service starts with fielding the call at the front desk. Students deserve to be treated with kindness and have all of their problems addressed in as timely a matter as possible under the circumstances. Explaining the process will assist in keeping our students informed and happy.Providing accurate information and directing the student with a caring attitude is always appreciated.

True Customer Services is so important in every industry. But it is extremely important in the training and vocational industry. The closer we stay in contact with the students/graduates the better the outcome.

Good listening skills is a must to have good customer service. In our industry we are put in the "Used car sales person"category many times because we do not really take the time to actually listen to the perspective student which then leads to loosing him/her.

I agree. Customer Service starts with listening to what is needed

I feel that customer service is the responsibility of every person in the organization. Customer service must be of primary concern. To the customer, "you are the company". If you are having a bad day and let that come through in your dealings with a customer, that person might be lost as a customer. Generally whenever a customer feels that he or she was treated incorrectly by anyone in the organization, their decision is made to not do business.

I am always amazed at the people who are in customer service at different companies. It seems that if you have a sour disposition, then the best place to be is customer service. It seems at times like you are dealing with an unfeeling and uncaring person. I hate it when I am told "It isn't my job to do ....."

Sign In to comment