Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It does take time to not only listen but try to understand the other person's perspective to help them. The Golden Rule isn't good enough...treat others as you would want to be treated. Use the Platinum Rule...treat others as they would want to be treated.

One of my colleagues, came up with the O.M.Q.(One More Question)card when advising students. She explained that "one more question can be the difference between a satisfied customer and an unsatisfied customer". Her examples of questions to use included, "what are your plans for...?..what else can I do for you?..and when can I follow up with you"?

I like it, Lissette! Thanks for sharing your colleague's ideas.

Customer service is key in this industry. Making sure that potential students really understand what they are getting into. I have learned that make them fell comfortable and letting them know that you are there form them. I constantly ask if they have any question, remind that its okay to ask. If you dont you'll never know.

As a customer one of my biggest pet peeves is when the employees I encounter act fake and are not themselves. Because of this, I've prided myself on staying true to who I am and in turn this would create the best relationships with the Concorde customers I deal with on a day to day basis. If I cannot be me, you cannot be you, and you are who matters. That's my philosophy!

Customer service is essential, we must alway put students first.

i also belive that costumer service is the key to the student success

I completely that the student is always firs but i think that sometimes that can be forgotten. We sometimes have to put ourselves in the shoes of the students and think that this is all new to them.

I agree. Be genuine and treat others how you would want to be treated.

Customer Service is a huge part of what Career Services does in its day to day operations. We assist and make suggestions to our grads and potential employers for a good fit and open door for future placements.

Customer Service represents our school and is essential at all times.

I feel that Customer Service is very important and should not be rushed no matter what...

i agree, great customer service can always help students feel appreciated

Customer service is very important to the future of any company. I treat clients as I would want to be treated with respect and dignity.

I agree. Great customer service goes a long way.

Listening is sometimes the most important tool to good customer service.

I completely agree. If we as the employees are not sure of an answer, we need to express to the student that we are unsure, but we will find out the correct information for them.

Through out my experiences when handling calls, the way we answer the phone is the outcome of our customers. If we answer the phones with a smile on our voice our customers feel comfortable and is excited and wanting to know more information on how they can become a student here. I read this great quote from Peter Morrissey-"Customers are my only source of revenue to assist me with my goals of the next five years…."

Customer service is one of the most important aspects of my job. I always try my best to make the students feel welcome from the moment they make their first call to when they walk across the graduation stage. It isn't always about rushing, good customer service is all about the quality.

I definitely agree in that most cases phone calls are rushed. Quick answers and transfers are very important; however, simply listening carefully and being patient with the customer/student--and your task at hand-- can make all the difference.

Sign In to comment