Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What the Future Holds | Origin: EC130

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Remote CTE Teaching that Works, 2020 and Beyond --> What the Future Holds

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I believe the rotational systems are among the most exciting parts of the paradigm shifts we are currently experiencing. The ability to rotate through available resources and to schedule students and workers in shifts that correlate to resources is incredible. It does also require rethinking the 'work day,' I believe in ways that make resources available when students need them and have time to access them instead of simply requiring everyone to adjust their days and times to meet the standards of the old system. With this I expect a push toward more of a year round approach to educating students - even if adult staff are rotated through portions of the year in order to accommodate prevention of burning out. 

I also appreciate the PAL3 tool that was shown. The ability to refresh skills in real time seems a valuable resource for both employers and employees. 

This information presented to show the blocking effect of algedra II was very insightful. We lose many qulified teachers to praxis math failurs do to not passing math.

One of the most salient aspects of this module is the notion that education will never return to pre-pandemic methods of instruction. Students crave different learning experiences and the focus on technology must be harnessed as an asset, even in traditionally hands-on CTE classes. 

There could be great benefits from online learning.

AI can track student performances.  It is a good idea to let students earn badges.  This will show progression in the online class.

ITS=Intelligent Tutoring System will provide praise and positive reinforcement for the student.

Online learning is known as anywhere, anytime learning, which can be beneficial to students regardless of what technology is available to them. According to the module, 94% of students prefer using their cellphones vs a computer to complete work, which makes remote learning even more convenient for students. Online learning can also be beneficial for teachers, as it is a way of offering feedback instantly and gives more accessibility to tutoring.  

Removing Algebra II is a great idea.  Statistical thinking benefits people in every area of their professional life.

Sign In to comment