Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think these forms of communication are appropriate in this time. Effective marketing tools provide that outlet to prospective students and help draw interest to what our programs/institution has to offer. We may not use the up to date networking programs, facebook or twitter, however we do advertise through internet.

I think it's a great idea to market your school via social networking sites. It has definitely affected communication with prospective students because it makes the process much friedlier and it's easier to build rapport with the student over such sites.

I amnot sure if my school offers the use of social networking sites, i do not think so as I have been here for a while and haven't heard of it!

The popularity of Facebook and the like has greatly impacted our ability to effectively market potential students. A lot of the students I speak to say they saw an ad on Facebook that prompted them to inquire about our school.

The popularity of sites like Facebook has greatly affected communication with prospective students. Our school has ads on Facebook and Youtube. These ads generate a lot of leads and a growing number of prospective students mention these sites when asked how did they hear about us.

We do have a social site on face book; I believe this can have a positive affect.

My center uses twitter and facebook to reach potential students.

Social networking has a tremendous impact on communications with prospective students. Our SN sites are used for student communication, building community among our schools across the country and can be interest generators. Yes, we have a comprehensive social networking strategy through our marketing department.

We are already using those sites to market our school. They seem to be successful.

Our school currently doesn't have a specific social networking site. I can see how this could be a wonderful opportunity, but from our lead generating through outside marketing sources, tv & radio and word of mouth, we seem to be generating a tremendous amount of leads. We have a website where potential students can request information to be sent to them or an agent can call them..

I don't that social networking sites have affected communications with prospective students. However, our school bans the use of using Facebook. Twitter, etc. as a means of communicating with our students. Why? Well that's a good question? I don't know why???

No the school does not currently have a marketing plan for the social networks. I do think thatit would be benefical for the school to develope a plan of action to use these froms of communication.

While our school doesn't have a marketing plan that i know of which heavily relies on twitter and facebook, we do offer a way for students to connect with one another on our school site. Since our perspective students come to us from the US and internationally, it is important that we stay connected.

Especially now that more individuals are communicating technologically. Whether by internet or via phone it is evident today. Wireless hubs have spouted and are being provided everywhere. We see this evident at fast food places. It is important that we stay current to keep perspective students engaged and reach our market.

To my knowledge my institution does not use social networking sites in their marketing program, nor do they use them in communicating with existing students. It seems like fertile ground for the future.

At this point, my school only uses Facebook. But the wide spread use of social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter makes them important components in a school's marketing plan. Prospective students today are more likely to find us on Facebook than in a television or radio ad.

Although I'm not personally a big fan of these, social networking sites have become a tremendous sorce for individuals to gather information and also check on feedback from others in regards to businesses such as ours. Our marketing has done a tremendous job in creating a marketing plan in regards to using SN for future and current student to communicate with each other and also as an alternative to communicate to the schools. They have also done a fantastic job in regulating the use these sites, making them more useful and advantagious.

Because these students of this generation spend an average of 7 hours a day on some sort of electronic device, this is a great way to keep up with them, let them know you are available for them, and also it is a great way to share knowledge for potential students. They will respond via a facebook post long before they would pick up our calls, so if you want to stay in touch, you better get in the loop here!

In the day and age where real-time information is at everyone's fingertips it is almost a nessary part of being an orginzation to have facebook, twitter and other "social" sites available to the public. Students and perspective students alike fan, like and comment on our socail networking sites. They love it and to stay current we need to embrace it.

Our Marketing department has done an amazing job of plugging our campuses in with these websites. Our students are extremely receptive and we get great feedback. In this day and age SN is how people communicate and that's what's growing businesses.

I think that these social networking sites are a great avenue to networking and even reaching prospective and or continuing students. Although these sites provide another outlet for contacting students; I do feel that they maybe a hindrance on thoroughly engaging conversation with them because some use it as a crutch or filter for direct communication/contact.

My organization is slowly transitioning into use of facebook, but we do not have a strong marketing plan for it.

I just believe this is a huge piece in communcation with today students today type of students are the who stay on the computer ,cellphone facebook ,and all the different type of soical network and we do have market plan to reach out to students by social networking

Sign In to comment