Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We have a marketing plan for Facebook and Twitter. We've put up pages on both programs. These are necessary in this day and age.

Our school has a page on facebook where prospective and current students,alumni, employees and others may interact. We also advertise on social media sites.

Our school has our own networking site but we also have a Facebook where students may see what events are coming up. I don't think our Facebook gets any more response than our own networking site.

No. We do not feel that there is enough controls on these sites to allow us to market properly.

I believe that social networking sites can have a positive and/or negative affect for most schools. The schools who do not already have the big name solid reputation may be viewed in a negative light if the only information they see is from another person viewpoint or opinion. For the most part, social networking tends to fall on the negative viewpoints of others. Most of these sites are used for people to vent their emotions via the net.

I agree. Quite frankly, our school does not allow us to use our facebook to have contact with teachers or students and I think that's a good idea. Too much of the 'Pandora's Box' theory working here.

Facebook and other social networking sites are great to keep in touch with prospective students, let people know about school fuctions or news items. It should never be used to directly speak to high school students, IMHO.

Our School has a facebook page but we dont you it much, I would like to hear some success stories about REPRESENTATIVES hitting their number using this method.

Social networking sites like facebook and twitter allow for instant sharing of information and more importantly, FEELINGS. If you meet with a prospective student and they leave feeling great about your school, they may be sharing that feeling with their friends online. Their "buying committee" may not be limited to their immediate family or spouse, it may include the people they communicate with online.

The company that runs our schools has a "social media analyst" as well.

We have a facebook page that informs the students of upcoming events. Being that the majority of students do not check their email on a regular basis, they do check their facebook page.

Yes my school has plans that include these sites. We are in the technology age and I believe it necessary to include these sites as part of a successful marketing plan. It is a positive impact on communications, I believe.One thing that people need to understand is employers can check your pages too and get an idea of you as a person. If all you have up is pictures partying then they might not think that you are the best suited for their jobs.

Yes. We use social networking very much in order to market and recruit new and older students. Its great for referrels also.

We have a facebook page, and according to the Director of Success, students repond quicker to facebook and phone calls. In addition, our high school rep uses facebook to communicate with potentials students about a career planning session. So, in colsing, I feel tha ouy schhol has keep up with technology communication formates and is we are successful with facebook, showing activites that we do, retention and prospecting students.

Yes, our school utilize Facebook sites to stay in contact with students and also upcoming events.

The popularity has provided a potential opportunity to communicate with perspective students faster. Additional resources to provide important information to our students. Yes, our school has a marketing plan that includes the use of some of the social networking sites.

Presently our school does not use these sites, but I do believe that this would aid our school.

Yes, they have the Radio and TV's-- Which comes on late at night

I do not think the social media sites affect communications with students too much. I do wish our school would do more marketing of the social networking sites. It does add awarness of our school and there are potential students that use the social networking sites that could use additional education to accomplish their career goals.

Radio and TV is not a social networking sites; we do not use thses sites.

Yes, we do not use these sites.

Yes we are just making our fisrt enrty into these sites. Any advise.

Sign In to comment