Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe that social networking is great communication and marketing tool. I think it gives our propective students a great view into the education we provide.

I agree, Social Networking sites have become even more apart of everyday life for some people than TV or radio. I think the content posted should be monitored for compliance purposes and the sites need to be used responsibly.

It has been great as another means of communication when their phone is disconnected and we need to get ahold of them.

I agree that we should not be connected as agent to student but it is good to view for contact information.

I feel that it os almost necessary for ITT Tech to have a presence on social networking sites. It is could be the first place students go to if they have a question so it is important to post current and up-to-date information.

Our school markets thru social media, but admissions is not allowed to use these means to contact potential students.

Social networking has impacted students greatly. Communication and accesiablilty is increased tremedously. Which is a benefit to the students. They are now well armed with all the viable information they need. Yes my school does have a markteting plan.

At our school, we use Facebook to communicate with both prospective and current students. I see this as a huge benefit, especially for high school seniors. I am a high school admissions representative, and sometimes students are more likely to respond to a Facebook message than a phone call or even an email.

The popularity of social networking sites has really blown up in the past 8 years. It has affected the communications with with prospective students, but it is something we must adapt to for the future. Our school does have a marketing plan using social media as tool for students to get more information about the school. We tried to make as easy as possible.

Our Social Networking Sites are a huge benefit for the University, the students, and the Alumni. It s a way to talk about the past, present, and future changes, events, and occurances that happen thoughout the University. It is also a great tool to ask questions and to get answers as well as other peoples opinions and recommendations.

I depends on the industry you are in, i believe. However I know Social networks ha ve had a postive impact for prospective students.

In my opinion, its a lot easier to communicate with prospective students over social media. Sometimes if I am unable to reach them by phone or text, I will try using Facebook or Twitter as another form of communication.

Almost everyone has some type of social networking profile that they check daily and it's another form of communication.

Yes, we have a facebook page and a twitter page that's updated regularly to keep students and future students updated on our school.

The popularity of these websites has greatly affected communications with prospective students. Particularly for high school students, 1/3 of those who have a social media site will use it to determine where to enroll in school.

Because of this, our school has a school Facebook page, but a lot of the agents who work for it have one too. We are allowed to 'friend' students who we have enrolled or met with on a personal level (we never ask to 'friend' anyone without their permission). Not only does this provide another means of contact to the student, it allows to student to involve their friends and family in their education. We frequently take and post pictures of our campus and events around our campus, and encourage students to 'tag' themselves and their friends.

I agree that there needs to be a line between professional and personal Facebooks, and we are careful to be compliant, respectful, and professional in any interaction we have on these websites. However, given the direction technology is heading I believe it is an oversight, and foolish to say that you cannot interact directly with your students. If you are professional and appropriate, what is the problem?

We utilize Face, Twitter, and Linkedin at New Horizons to provide information about our schools to members of the community. It is utilized to find B2B leads for training on Linkedin.

Social networking sites provide immediate communication with SOME prospective students. I talk to many leads who want their info now and have their phones attached at all times. However, traditional advertising forms should not and hopefully, will never go away, as we still appeal to more mature students, possibly switching careers by choice or necessity, who may be still intimidated by much of the social networking.

The social media is wonderful tool for communicating with prospective students. It also for current and graduating students to share the experience about the school. But, as good as these tools are for communicating if not monitored there could be some negative information that can get sent out to prospective students. But, at least it will give Admission Reps aheads up to prepare for these difficult questions that may arise during the interviewing process.

we use facebook to reach our students and prospective students. It is updated daily with information. It is a great way to reach them.

Social networking sites have become a huge part of many peoples everyday lives. The prospective students more than likely use these communications on an everyday basis. This makes this a really important part of our admissions communication stream.

I have conflicting feelings about using social networking sites to communicate with prospective students. My school frowns on using these sites as an effective means of communication because they are social sites designed to meet and interract with others. I think the concern from the school's standpoint is professionalism. Some agents may not maintain professional decorum on their personal page. I think if my school had a facebook page with an open forum for students it would be a great way for them to communicate with each other and express needs, concerns, accomplishments, etc. This is how the world communicates with each other, and I believe it's important that we stay accessible to provide the best customer service to our students.

Sign In to comment