Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe my employer uses advertising on certain social media sites; however, representatives are prohibited from soliciting prospective students on social sites as this violates specific ethical standards established by my employer.

Social networking has been a great success for our school. It has informed students about current events and where they can be reps when on the road at conferences. this has helped increase student activity at conferences. It has also allowed for prospect students to see if there friends are students with us or if they like us. It is a good referal tool and a chance to post student testimonals about our school.

We basically use social media for information, but not necessarily as a marketing tool. Our school feels that social media can come across as less professional than what our school offers.

social networking has played a big role in comunication with students. It has been positive from my experience because this may be the best way to communicate iwth students. it also reaches out to many students at once.

my school wants all employees to be involved in social netwrokign to reach students and gain more referrals.

Yes, we have a Facebook page and frequently have photos posted of our current students and gradutes, with their permission, taken at expos and conferences.

Our social networking has started to blow up withing the past year or so. We are huge on Facebook and Twitter, and have even started a Pinterest account. It is a vital part of our marketing effort, and it helps us better communicate with out students.

Our school does have a marketing plan that includes Facebook - I think it's a great way for students at various locations to communicate with each other and bounce ideas back and forth. I also think it could be detrimental, especially if there is a lot of negative feedback. That could hurt the reputation of the particular institution.

I believe the upcoming generations rely on high volume, excellent content social media sites. Tweets need to be in front of them daily, facebook pages relevant and hootsuite is there to help manage them all.
It has most certainly changed how all companies and people need to advertise and communicate.

Many students prefer to use social networking sites and other electronic resources, such as text, to communicate with the institutions they are interested in. Not being able to reach students where they are most comfortable communicating can be detrimental to an institutions success in keeping up with current trends.

I think social networking sites are a necessary means of advertisement these days. However, it should be maintained by one specific person and should be monitored for the content of posts regularly.

I am not sure, but it will be a great move to keep up with today's technologies and media channels

I am an admission representative that specializes with high school students. The use of social media is an integral part of communication. Many children in high school do not check their email on a regualr basis, but I know that they are always on facebook and twitter.

Social networks are a good way for students to openly express themselves, and it also provides the school with a way to communicate mass information.

Social networking sites such as facebook has a huge positive impact on being able to communicate with prospective and current students. Especially in High School admissions....seeing that most teens are more willing and able to communicate and show interest over facebook or online as opposed to in person or via phone.

As an online campus, we have a huge opportunity to use social networking classes and help our students feel more connected.

i was told to stay far away from social networking.

I have been in education for 8 years. Never have I allowed myself to make contact with students on social networking websites. I was always told that this was best practice. Students need to understand how to remain in a professional relationship with those that they come into contact with during their education. It also limits the opportunity for people in supervisory positions to see or read things that might either change their opinion of that student or that might in some way get the student in hot water with the supervisor or the school. Most students do not know how to professionally utilize social networking websites.

Since I am so new, I am not sure. I would think that facebook would be a great place to advertise though.

Robert,
I agree that social media sites have made people less sensitive in their communications sometimes. You definitely have to be more aware and what you say and how it could possibly be interpreted.

We are currently utilizing social networking sites such as Facebook to reach perspective students. We have a FB page and students may choose to "like" us in order to get updates and connect with other students interested in similar programs. We also have a QR code in our ads which makes it easy for students to use their smart device to find out more about our school.

Sign In to comment