Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organizing the Paperwork

How are you organizing all the paperwork and information related to completing the admissions training?

This is something we are provide with during training and as we receive additional trainin during our careers we add those new guides into our training books.

Timothie,
Keep up with the rules of the Commission for Independent Educaton as well. The rules can be modified anytime of the year just as the rule for Fair Consumer Practices was just changed.

If you cannot find your reference materials you are wasting time. Organizational skills are pertinent to compentency. 3 Ring binders work well.

Thomas,
Excellent advice. It's also important to keep them up-to-date and professional looking.

I have three ring binders set up for my reference, one contains training that I have completed, another focuses on rules and regulations, I have one for articles that are industry specific and one that contains information that specifically pertains to our institution. We also utilize training agendas and certificates of completion that are added to the admissions employees files for any ongoing training that we complete.

Pamela,
Having everything organized is definitely a plus in our industry. Prospective students want to know that the admissions rep is knowledgeable both in the institution but also in the industry.

It's in three ring binders, every rep has thier own copy

Joshua,
I would suggest that occasionally compare the notebooks with each other. This would be a good exercise is making sure everyone is up-to-date but also sharing ideas.

I have a package of docs for admission that include the rules and requirement from acrediting agency and Department of Education
This Docs usually are up date

Eduardo,
Having a package of documents is great. Do you have a checklist of what is included? How do you ensure your documents are up-to-date?

I am using three-ring binders as well, with tabs to separate the training from rules and regs and other subject matter such as industry articles.

We maintain a binder that is divided into sections that has the rules and regulations, and industry updates. We also discuss the updates with our admissions staff so that we are kept up to date with all current events in regards to our processes.

Our campus has admissions training binders that are reviewed on a weekly basis and updated weekly to ensure all training grounds are covered.

Jay,
Whichever method you use, keep it professinonal in nature as it reflects to your prospective clients the importance of the documents. Great job.

Octavia,
Communication is important as well. Not only having the information, but understanding it and possessing the ability to communicate it correctly to others.

Justin,
Is this similar to the resource notebook that is outlined in this course?

our school uses a cover page checklist that details the documents required to be submitted to our admisisons panel for review.

Have begun using dividers for the notebook and have included marketing info as well

Albert,
A checklist is an excellent way to make sure the school is being compliant. Having a second set of eyes for review is a good practice.

Sign In to comment