Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Perhaps a good time for development of a Rubric and Receiving feedback is during the discussion sessions if you do not teach a project based course. There are questions in the discussion board area which need to be answered but adding a section of two towards the Rubric pertaining to the section the students are working could be a good way to get them to contribute or even during office hours and perhaps giving a few extra points for those who contribute (but let it be known to the class). Getting students to do more than what is required is difficult but perhaps with heavy persuasion it could be possible.

Mike

Jeannine,

I agree. I like to get the students to buy in to the project. Involving them in the rubric development is one way. Thanks!

Natasha,

If you get the chance, take it. Students can provide such great input into the rubric development process. Thanks!

Michael,

Good point. Students could certainly help develop a rubric for any purpose if it is explained properly. Thanks for your input.

I like the idea of involving students as the content evolves within a course. Providing them with a basic rubric as they begin, helping them understand the usefulness, and asking for input on further develop should get them engaged.

I like the idea of involving students as the content evolves within a course. Providing them with a basic rubric as they begin, helping them understand the usefulness, and asking for input on further develop should get them engaged.

Angela,

The more we can get buy in from students, the better. And, many times that is simply involving the students.

Angela,

Great. The more we involve students, the more they will be engaged and have buy-in. Nice job.

At all times.

If the purpose is to change and generate interest in guiding the student then they must be included in is design.

Only then can you gain student feedback. make them a part of the process then they will use the process.

Robin Jonas

Involving \students \is \great \in \theory, but \I \work \online \with \my \students, 7 \weeks \at \a \time. I \do \not \think\ I \would have \time\ \to \involve \my \students in the \process.

Courtney,

You might be surprised. Especially if you start simple. Also, you can also at least try peer evaluation as a start. Thanks for your input.

Robin ,

Good design does impact the teaching. I'm a firm believer of good design and good teaching. Thanks!

After they have gained enough knowledge of the subject to understand what is being measured.

I can see student involvement in projects that usually are more involved and invested in. When students work on a weeks-long project, they have an understanding about the work commitment and what needs to be considered based on their experience in the project. You could open it up to a wide variety of expectations, but in that mix there could be things I might have never considered.

Daniel,

When the students have the buy-in in the assignment/project, they are more likely to succeed and be involved. Thanks!

Jeremy,

It's good to involve students at a certain point. They will have more buy in and hopefully understand the process more fully.

Sign In to comment