Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hello Dr. Kelly,

Why is it important for students to develop good social networking habits?
Students’ can develop good social networking habits because the world of internet communication, blogs is evolving. Student will benefit by sharing knowledge and information; experiences, job related issues etc. Student can create profiles and become visible and seen as real people rather than just an anonymous figure.

Marie Osuna
Online Faculty

Hello Cristy,

I completely agree with you. Students today needs to be more socially savvy. I am for technology because it is the way of our future. But, am also for good old traditional way of socializing and networking. I believe our next generation will be anti-social due to technology.

Marie Osuna
Online Faculty

Hello Roger,

Great post! I totally agree that social networking should be used carefully. When something is posted, it can never be taken back. It is logged somewhere in cyber space. We have seen several incidence of online bullying resulting in death. I agree with you that learning the do's and Don't is extremely important.

Marie Osuna
Online Faculty

Social Media is a tool. Like any other tool it can be used to the benefit or detriment of class preparation, student and instructor efficiency. I like the fact that the focus of this past lesson was on establishing outcomes first. Keeping measurable objectives on the dashboard is refreshing and key to navigating use of this ever expanding tool.

I agree that the selection of the best social media tool -- to be the best fit is a good practice. Freshmen in high school may not benefit from Linkedin -- whereas a Freshman in college will certainly need and utilize Linkedin.

There are other tools like Pinterest - that have emerged as useful. When the administrators set priorities and restrictions that the tool can be used for the sole use of the course

Sign In to comment