Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Do you think that an instructor who is very successful in a traditional classroom will automatically be a successful instructor for an on-line class?

I think an instructor who is phenomenal in a traditional classroom doesn't necessarily guarantee that this instructor will be a successful on-line instructor.  Knowing the subject matter forwards and backwards does not always mean that the instructor can manipulate the different ways that an on-line class is presented.

Some instructors are more comfortable in the classroom where they can walk around the room, learn their students personalities and develop a rapport with the students.  These teachers who know their content can develop their own delivery methods without relying on whether or not all students will be able to effectively learn in an online environment or have the prerequisite skills to navigate through the course online. Therefore I agree with you Bonnie that a good treaditional classroom teacher may or may not be as successful in an online environment.

I agree with what this person is saying. There are many factors that can be an hindrance to effectively performing in the online forum. If you are not a tech savy person where you know how to make your on-line delivery fun and engaging then this can pose a problem and may lead to failure.

I agree.  I think that the instructor has to well versed in using the platform and knowing how to make best use of the computer and time.  For me, I am still learning how to add things to my google classroom.  The more I use this technology, the easier it should become.  I still feel "safer" in the traditional classroom.

Sign In to comment