Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Breaking the course into sections would be a helpful process for the students

That is a great idea Adib. Thank you for sharing it with the group.

Breaking the course into sections does help students manage their time more efficiently--at least in my experience. Thanks for your comments Raquel.

-Determine a set study time and location
-Set study goals for each session
-Plan to complete each assignment at least 24 hours before the due date, to leave time for unforseen difficulties

Students often think that anxiety caused by time management is isolated to them alone. I tell my students that life is unpredictable, as we all have experienced. There are times when unexpected emergencies or situations occur. And, these unforeseen situations throw a kink into our schedule and can create havoc. Therefore I have them think about how can one be prepared for the unexpected? Is it possible to schedule time for these unknown emergencies?

It is the unexpected that can really throw a wrench in things, you are right Lydia. And, as you point out, that can happen to any of us. That is a great idea suggest to your students to plan for the unexpected.

The one thing I always tell my students is that it is so important for them to make sure that they give themselves time every day to relax. It may sound strange, but if a person does not have a little time set aside every day to relax and regroup they will eventually feel overwhelmed and they will not succeed in their classes. This surprises most of my students, but after they have tried it and scheduled themselves time, they agree that it is a good idea.

Terry Armentrout

I try to encourage my students to set a certain time to get there work done at least three times a week and stick to that schedule. If you have small children the best time might be in the evening after they have gone to bed or early in the morning before they get up. I find that it works much better when I have a set time every evening that I get my work done.

I like that approach. Everyone should take a little time to relax so that they do not feel overwhelmed.

Sending out 3 messages a week. The first when the content becomes available. The second in the middle of the session as a reminder and a final message to remind of the deadline. It is so true that the Competitive learner finishes early. The dependent learner barely meets the deadline and the avoidant learner turns in work late or not at all.

Sign In to comment