Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Course Framework

I generally view a framework as a foundation upon which you build the course. So, how is the framework different from a course outline?

Esther,

I see where you're coming from. If you have a good syllabus, the syllabus describes the framework. However, the framework may also include how you will communicate with students, how students will submit their work, etc. Sometimes everything is not covered in the syllabus. Thanks!

The framework as I understand it is the topic of what will be discussed. We are going to continue to build off the framework and add different modules, quizzes and test to the framework to complete the entire module for the lesson.

Linda,

The framework will be revised with feedback from the students. Thanks!

The course framework is the road map for course development. The course I teach online is setup in blackboard. On the blackboard announcements we have a road map for the student every week to help them thru the course assignments.

Mary,

Yes, a road map does provide a good analogy for course development. Thanks for your input.

I look at an outline as a more linear guide to the topic. I view a framework as a structure that can have more vertical and horizontal structure.

Sheila,

This makes sense. You have used a graphical description to help us thing through the process. Thanks for your input.

Sign In to comment