Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using Tablets | Origin: ED127

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Tablets as Teaching Tools --> Using Tablets

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned that there's other tools out there to help the teacher and students better do some work besides in a classroom

Having tablets in the classroom allows students to work at their own pace

Tablets allow students to get more creative with their assignments and presentations. 

Students have endless options to take notes, complete projects, and more than just the traditional way.

Engagement and collaboration increases with tablet use because students are involved in manipulation, meaning using their tablets and opening apps as instruction is occurring. Instructors can link tablets together so students can coordinate their efforts and solve problems together. 

Most students today have grown up with such media rich exposure to audio/video/graphics etc. that teachers need to enhance they presentations with software/apps that can present material in interesting/interactive and engaging ways.

Tablets help students their assignments and allow them to recieve acknowledgement of their efforts.

It reiterated to me the importance of having reasons and goals  for using the tablet.  I also liked the point that tablets help them blend their experience with knowledge all while having the ability to enhance their problem solving techniques.  

I learned of Kaiku deck and Prezi to help with PPTs.

Must have reasons and goals for using a tablet in the classroom or mis use could come.

The use of tablets will be the new now. Interactive learning, critical thinking, and community can be better accomplished with the proper use and implementation of tablets. 

Sign In to comment