Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Additional Relevant Topics | Origin: ED113R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Managing the Adult Classroom --> Additional Relevant Topics

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned that effective classroom management requires respect, clear expectations, and student involvement. I plan to apply these strategies by creating a supportive classroom where adult learners feel valued and responsible for their learning.

Andragogy is the theory that adults are more self-directed and more motivated than children, and that they need to be given the opportunity to learn in ways that are relevant to their lives. Transformational teaching(opens in a new tab) goes beyond traditional instruction by focusing on how students learn, not just what they learn. 

I learned that effective classroom management is about creating a respectful, positive enviorment where adult learners feel motivated in involved. I plan to use clear expectations, encouragement and collaboration to help students stay engaged and take responsibility for their learning.

The content reinforces the idea that adult learners value their autonomy and ability to apply what they learn to the real world. Our role as instructors is to support their learning and create a well-organized environment that encourages participation and personal growth in our students. 

This module reinforced that adult learners are most engaged when learning is relevant, collaborative, and connected to their personal and professional experiences. I also gained a greater appreciation for the role of transformative teaching in encouraging critical reflection and meaningful personal growth. I intend to apply these concepts by designing learner-centered activities that promote discussion, problem-solving, and real-world application while creating a classroom environment built on respect, autonomy, and active participation.

Sign In to comment