Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Who's in Control?

There is not a day that I don't hear whining and complaining from my students. I always remind them that there are things that we simply cannot change and that the stress we are faced with are part of the kind of life that we chose. The only thing that we can do is take control, instead of being controlled by stress.

I agree. Some stress is self inflicted and can be controlled. We may can't always change situation, but we can change how we react to the situation and that can reduce stress.

Simona, So true! Sometimes it's about changing our perception. Some of us are so self critical that we drive ourselves crazy. It's often healthier to have reasonable expectations of ourselves and others that we can meet and sometimes exceed.

Dr. Melissa Read

I agree with your comment. Stress is inevitable in a person's life. We each need to learn how to cope with stress in our own ways. I like to share the quote with my students the quote "The bad news is time flies; the good news is that you are the pilot." The more control you have over your time management, the more likely you will have control over certain stressors that arise in your life.

Sign In to comment