Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Updates & Changes

At my technical school I teach a number of classes through out the year, with the different classes I must stay in touch with the changes for each course. Handling the changes for each course is easier to check the manufactures website and any manual changes once a week and then make changes to the course as needed.

That's a great tip Billy. Manufacturer and publisher websites really do provide useful materials for instructors - including updates. They understand that their job is, in part, to make our lives a little easier.

it's tough to stay on top of everything as it changes

There is nothing more constant than change. Whatever course an instructor is teaching there will be changes that need to be present to the learners. It requires an instructor to keep-up to date with their subject area.

Keeping up to date on our subject matter specialties is key Robert. It's important to build time into our calendars to account for this important part of our roles as instructors.

It also helps to talk to other people teaching the class and find out if they have anything new that you dont know about. Maybe they found something you didnt or vise versa.

Yes, this is such a great strategy Jason. Often times, other instructors have great ways of teaching that we've not thought of. Being able to leverage their process and materials can really help.

Sign In to comment