Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Homework needs to reflect the important points of the lecture material that I feel the students need to be reinforced in and retained. When writing homework assignments I make sure the question/answer is to the point and also have the students note the page on which they found their answer ... this eliminates most challenges to the correct answers as well as allows students to streamline the studying process for a quiz or test.
For quizzes, I admit I use a variety of question formats (as I am trying to get the knowledge across while also preparing my students for the formatting they will see in their national boards). This can add a little bit more correction time but is worth it to me for the "test-taking" experience for the students. I do use scantron grading for larger exams (like unit tests, midterm or final exams) in order to test a larger amount of knowledge with less time spent grading.

I use a lot of fill-in-the-blank quizes as I have always felt that multiple choice tests were too easy as many students may not remember the answer but will recognize it when they see it. However, I see that this may not be the most time efficient way of doing things

I use 2 copies of my Student Rosters as checklists throughout the course. The first I use to track quiz completion, noting if the student was absent or not prepared, and dating when a make-up quiz was completed. The second I use to track quizzes that (unfortunately) the students failed. As the course goes on, this is a better visual tool for me, rather than scrolling through the computer/grade book.

Sign In to comment