Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Innovation in Postsecondary Education | Origin: ED204

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Tomorrow's Learning Environment Today --> Innovation in Postsecondary Education

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Although at times difficult, innovational techniques must be attempyed to match up to students' learning styles. I base them on student feedback and knowledge gained.

More instructors need to teach to the student styles as opposed to a standard course that students must lean to adapt to what is there. STudents have asscess to so much more information through Youtube and the web and I feel we should take advantage of the resources out there.

implementing active learning can  be challenging since resources may not be available to the faculty and they may have to start from the scratch

While I appreciate adapting my teaching plan to the various learning styles, I agree that it can be challenging to develop and execute effectively due to the amount of time required to ensure that the plan you develop will be useful and beneficial to all types of learners.

new students have different ways of learning and we should be able to adapt to that learning style. We should adapt and compare to their learning style to make it easier for them to pick it up and learn.

Students learn in different ways and teaching styles may need to vary as well.

Understanding teaching styles and how to adapt them to your learners is a important and valuable to their overall success

Yes I like to build my lecture to fit with different learning strategies For my students, but the main challenge is the time ,And availability of the computer lab .

Building materials to benefit each learning style will be time consuming, though beneficial to students, instructors may not always be compensated for the extra time it will take to accomplish this by their employer.

Very informative.

It is a challenge to devise teaching strategies that meet the needs of the various learning types. I will strive to create experiential exercises that include audio, visual and tactile components.

I agree it is a challenge to devise teaching strategies. However, I have learned to reach each student needs it must be implemented among students. I sometime have a hard time trying to reach these strategies, but I strive to do better in understanding each student style of learning

While innovative learning strategies can improve the learning experience from the standpoint of the learner, these strategies pose challenges to the instructor.

great ideas, everyone. Yes, making work relevant to students is very important.

Assessment of each student's learning style is essential to determine how a course can be designed.

I completely agree on teaching for the different learners. I was very intersted with the innovative option of providing choices. It opened my eyes a little, my students love having a choice, so I want to see how they will react to more choice tasks.

The modern challenge is to adapt to the changing attention span of students.  Current culinary trends on social media sites come in short one or two minute videos. How can we adapt our lectures and demonstrations to retain the attention and focus of the modern culinary student?  I hope to find some answers in this module

Being able to adapt to various learning styles is crucial to student success.  Incorporating various learning techniques makes learning fun and retainment achievable. I have found it difficult to incorporate various methods during this school year.  My students seem to enjoy the different learning activities that I have implemented.   

I thought it was interesting that they connected social experiences and sociocultural environments ot innovating learning. I'm going to use more of a varying expectations approach along with more group assignments. I like that they also included challenges to this but wish they had gone into more detail on some. Thank you.

Sign In to comment