Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Machine Learning for Education

Does anyone currently have any suggestions on software that uses machine learnig specifically for education?  We know about all the negative impacts of this technology. Who is developing the actual tools to help instructors?

Student learning through ChatGPT

Outside of students using ChatGPT in an academically dishonest way (to write papers), I have limited knowledge as to how it can be used in education. Does anyone have experience with students using ChatGPT in a positive way? 

Out of all the formats that were discussed in this class, which one do you feel will have the biggest impact on the students to retain the information in their course of study?

Please choose a format you are comfortable with and give reasons why you enjoy using it.

How to prevent virtual stimuli from distracting students

Within technology we find many stimuli that can be distracting, or others that can be highly attractive but not significant for learning.
This analysis should be important when using technology in education, remember the objective of the learning process is not to have fun but to learn.

Impact on Students | Origin: ED148

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

ChatGPT and Its Educational Uses --> Impact on Students

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Impact on Teaching | Origin: ED148

ChatGPT and Its Educational Uses --> Impact on Teaching

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Introduction to ChatGPT | Origin: ED148

ChatGPT and Its Educational Uses --> Introduction to ChatGPT

ChatGPT Background | Origin: ED148

ChatGPT and Its Educational Uses --> ChatGPT Background

119R

Technology is a great resource if everyone knows how to use it

Technology In The Classroom

Technology in the classroom is an incredible resource in the classroom, when they work. You always need a back-up plan. I have had many occasions when students come to class with chromebooks whose batteries are dead. You post a assessment and the student can't access it. The student is locked out. Any similar situations?

Evidence

What does research say about the effectiveness of virtual learning as different from the in-class setting? Collaborative virtual vs self-directed learning?

ED119R

Implementing technology is a great way to help student's learn by engaging them into the subject matter.

ED119R

Using and/or increasing technology in the classroom can help with student's engagement in the subject matter.

Critical Thinking

What if questions seen to stimulate critical thinking.

Technology Platforms

It is so amazing during Covid  and  we suddenly taught remotely. I learned a lot of different apps and platforms integrated in our remote teaching and learning like Zoom, Slideshare, Blogs, Game and Quiz generator, Google docs sharing, Mobile attendance, Swift River to mimic hands -on learning etc. I found out that there are  a lot of ways to teach students and it is more engaging. 

First on-line course

I just started my first on-line course.  I did a Panopto video to go over the syllabus and I introduced two projects they would need to completed.    I organized the groups and sent out the information so that they would not have to organize their own groups.  Is that a good way to do it?  I picked the names randomly for each project so they could work with a different group for each project.  Also, can anyone share with me more learning tools I could share with them?  I currently do Kahoots for test reviews, but wonder if you… >>>

SecondLife

SecondLife brain island looks like an amazing way to engage students in learning part of the brain and the areas of function in Neurology.

Engaging

This would be beneficial in engaging the millenials.  What about some older students who are not as versed in technology?  Would we lose them in the classroom/learning experience because they would get caught up in difficulty with navigating the technology?

New Technologies

We all have trouble getting students engaged in class,but if we can use some of todays tech we just might keep the minds in the game. 

Google Tools

Google has many tools that I do not see in the list of the recommendations, is there any reason?