Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

TR-104, tell tell,tell.

I like the concept that students remember most at the beginning of a session, and at the end of the session, and only seem to be interested in humor about the subject matter in the middle of a session. as a result of this knowledge I have implemented a change in my normal routine. I am still experimenting with this adjustment in routine. I do like the repleteness of touching on key comments in a lecture, this seems to work very well for my students, judging from results on quiz
questions presented during follow up at the end of the session.

Raymond,

I have found the concept of "tell them what you are going to tell them", "tell them" and then "tell them what you told them" really works.

Jeffrey Schillinger

I think I will adjust my routine as well. I tend to offer humor at the beginning of class. Perhaps it would be better to be more direct with the lesson and objectives at the very beginning and break my lecture time up more.

Cathleen,

Humor at the ouset sets a good learning environment. Try to work in appropriate humor throughut the lesson. Humans remember things better when they are associated with an emotion. Great fun and lafter can establish emotion.

Jeffrey Schillinger

Sign In to comment