Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

RT-103 job opportunities/placement

Placement and job opportunities are two different things, to my way of thinking - Job opportunities are what may be available to entry level participants coming out of a trade school environment, whereas - placement is something a trade school cannot do?. a trade school can only advise the students where work opportunity is -locally and/or out of the area. in some situations the trade school may be able to make contact with a perspective employer and make an introduction. they cannot place IE: hire the student and expect the employer to accept him/her. the students must pass the interview and be accepted on their own ability and previous background experience in order to be hired.

Raymond,

True, yet placement is the term used most often.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

As a instructor at a trade school I personally like to keep in touch with the local dealerships and every chance I get I pass on open positions in my classes. I think its a good way to stay involved with the industry and to show our students that we promote local businesses

Ryan,

Keeping those industry connections helps.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

I agree, however I believe it is very important to the morale and retention. I get so excited when student are placed in good job opportunities.

Agreed, When students are hired it is a reflection of hard work and commitment from the Instructors, staff and the students ... Overall the goal should be to see the student's succeed.

Sign In to comment