Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student Involvement

Student involvement around campus can create great retention of students. Having some type of involvement is a motivataton of accomplishment .

Omesa,

Involvement should be related to the program(s).

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

We have observed that it is true that involvement in programmatic issues and ideas give student a great sense of what is going in the school and assist in getting the program being a part of the overall school experience. Some students have ventured out and increased their participation in school programs and efforts that may not be program specific.

Clifton,

It is a challenge but whatever transparency the school can provide will be appreciated by the students.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Students feel more a part of the school when they are involved in activities plus their classes. This opens the opportunities to interact with other students.

Patricia,

Yes it does. The more opportunities students have to strengthen their connections at/with the school, the better the retention and student success.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

I believe the more you are involved in whatever you are doing, the more successful you are.

Yolanda,

How do you involve students?

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Thius is very true. SOmetimes it helps the students to bond and become more of a team when they have to work together doing activities outside of the classroom.

Often career programs have student organizations. I find that often the student who becomes involved in a career organization begins to shine. They may be a historian, treasurer in charge of raising money, participating in community activities that relates to their chosen career, and this assists in their social integration as well as program integration.

Bette,

Getting involved in the field early helps them to succeed.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Student involvement helps the student feel connected to the school and fellow student with postive feeback and a feeling of accomplishment

Parthenia,

Yes, it does. Engage the student and they are motivated to learn.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

I am in healthcare, which on a daily basis, one has to have the ability and confidence to approch a "stranger" and become involved physically and emotionally with them. Why not start this training at school????

Yes, Getting the students involved will give them a sence of beloning and they will look forward to come to class the next day.

Linnie,

In what way? Am free clinic? There are ways to do this. Remember, we do not want to take business away from the very people that might hire our students.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

I agree with this statement. When there is involvement in group activities it is positive reinforcement for the student. Being part of a group is good thing.

Special activities within the school definitely promote interaction between students as well as making them feel more connected with the school. This equation equals retention..

Stacy ,

Engaging the student in and out of the classroom is key.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Sign In to comment