Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advice on How to Build a Quality Relationship With Admissions

I am a Program Chair in Online Program. I enjoy a good relationship with Admissions. Without violating compliance, what can I do to impove the quality of our relationship with Admissions even further.

Positive relationships with admissions always begin with product knowledge. Regular program information updates and information sessions build repore with reps and ensure they are representing the program and career field accurately. Include them in advisory board and speaking engagements in the classroom as well

Perfect. This way you will be telling the same story and that matters.

Dr. B

Yes. Exactly... both sides need to tell the same story. This is the first step in retaining students.

Dr. B

I agree completely. There should be a team environment with education and admissions department to make sure the admissions team always has the most current, up-to-date information to present to prospective students.

I agree about the Admission Rep getting together with the Program Director to discuss information about the program, including updates so that the students may be better informed. Students feel mislead and lied to when the Program is not like what the Representative represented. Where there is no unity and no one accord within the corporation, we are setting ourselves up for failure. So keeping good lines of communication open and collaboration should help the admission process to be better and students' transition smoother.

Stephanie,

Thank you for a well thought out post. Communications between all is key.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Sign In to comment