Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Adam,

Great post! You are completely correct. It is up to everyone to play a part in retention and the three m's. In some cases the custodian plays a bigger part in retention than faculty and staff.

I agree. The extra attention and your focus on students individually and collectively is an essential ingredient to a good class.

A simple action such as using each student's name lets the student know an instructor recognizes them and cares about their success.

Also, taking the time out when giving feedback to say "I want you to be successful" is important

Deborah,

Thank you for this discussion forum post. I look forward to interacting with you in the other discussion forums.

The simple things that good teachers have been doing for years are usually the best things to do. Using students' names is among the best things teachers can do. Thank you for stating this.

What are some other things that you go out of your way to do that demonstrates to your students that you care about their success?

Mentoring is a very important thing that needs to be done everyday. Just like taking roll, I need to consciously make an effort to connect with and mentor my students, in order to keep them connected.

Benson,

Thank you for this post. What are the some of thethings you do intentionally to "connect" with your students?

Sign In to comment