Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

focus on the positives...

At our orientation we are above and beyond about the positive realities of our business. That ethos allows for us to be completely honest about the rigors of having a career. The dedication it takes can be daunting, however if we are positive in our approach to relaying that rigor, we start on an honest footing with our students. Allows for us to be more open in our discussions later on in the program when those issues arise.

Great point! You always want to be honest and it is better to do it in a positive light. If you come at students with negative, or don't give them the truth, you will see your population decreasing!

Students can tell when you are not being honest, the hard truth helps. I try to have a good story to go with some of the harder facts.

Alexander,

Great point. They say we learn the most from our mistakes, but it is difficult at times to see that.

Susan Backofen

Stay positive that is The best medicine for Learning, I do not allow negativetity in my classroom it brings down The Moral of The entire class.

juanita ,

Absolutely! There is always a positive lesson to be learned in every situation.

Susan Backofen

We have to provide real world experiences to our students as well as realistic expectations for when they start their careers.

I agree. And what also helps it telling the students that "although this is going to take hard work and sacrifices, the end result is worth it all. No one can take away your education!"

Sign In to comment