Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

rt101

I learned a lot from taking RT101 and will utilize the stratergies to improve overall retention in my class.

Rodney, I agree the 3rd module brought so much clarity to my position I was blown away. I had some idea that a student with issues comes to the conclusion of dropping at a radical speed. I was not clear on how to successfully divert them from this. I was not aware of the thought process that revolves around personal/professional problems.

I'm glad to read that this module was useful, Abigail. How do you plan to divert students from a rash decision about withdrawing?

I agree, If there is anything we all need to do is recognize why a student is at risk for retention. Understanding the possible thought processes and motivations is a very useful tool in helping out both the student and the school.

I also learned alot from RT101. Even though the class I teach is an elective that students pay for and really want to be there at the start. These stratagies apply to all classes.

Thanks for the kind words. Retention starts with people who are committed to their students.

I really got into some of it, helped me realize my influence with students. Mentoring, Tutoring & being a good role model for the student!

Sign In to comment