Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Facilitating Goal Achievement | Origin: CS126

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Goal Setting and Motivation Strategies for Career Professionals --> Facilitating Goal Achievement

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Goals are best met when using the SMART goal framework. I plan to use the SMART Goals worksheet for myself and to introduce it to students as a way they can align their goals with their motivation. Incorporating goal visualization is another key to goal achievement. Visualizing the steps to achieve a goal is more likely to get you to your goal rather than just focusing on the end result. Telling students to create a vision board of their goal will allow them to visually see the necessary steps it will take to achieve their goal.

I use the SMART goal method, but I will add the "ER" to the method to help the student reassess the goals when necessary. Also, The "If" "Then" component will help my students know what to do next and understand that things don't always go the way they expect them too, but we can have a plan of action and some resources to turn to when those challenges arise. SMARTER!

Using the Smart  goal method will help me with aligning all my goals and meeting the deadline

The effectiveness of visualizing goals and how to make them a reality by creating action plans

May try some backward Action Planning . I like the If and then like Atomic Habits 

Backward Action Planning and how to use SMART goal method . Give students goals and show the steps to achieve their goal. 

I have learned set goals with a purpose, to meet students where they are introducing vision boards. setting calendar boards for goal reminders and to stay on task.

I am new to the "ER" in the SMART goal method. It's important to understand what makes the learners' tick. 

Discussion with your co-workers or team mates.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities