Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advisory Board Planning Phase | Origin: CS116

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Establishing and Operating Effective Employer Advisory Boards --> Advisory Board Planning Phase 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

This topic has helped clarify a few of the advisory board roles for me. I also greatly appreciated the sample bylaws, nomination letter, and appointment letter.

My takeaway for this module would be to tap into our advisory boards to address viable strategies and channels for advertising and/or marketing opportunities that might assist a specific program's visibility and enrollment. They may have suggestions for job boards, newsletters, etc. where we would be able to highlight our programs, recruit adjunct/faculty positons, etc. I think it's also important to advertise/highlight members of our advisory boards through our website, program catalogs, brochures, videos, flyers, etc. as it can make a difference in the interest and enrollment outcomes of our programs. 

This topic gave me a better understanding of how to coordinate an advisory board meeting. 

This topic provided important clarifications on the process of forming an advisory board. Applicable and relevant knowledge for institutions seeking to establish advisory boards for the first time.

This section validated what my organization has already been doing.   We are at a good starting place.  Our business CTE adviorsry board includes business professionals, admin, teachers, students ,and parents who all come together to figure out how to make our programming better.  We are working on providing curicumlum that reflects industry standards, working around the needs of the labor market, incoporating mentorships and internships, providing expertise in various fields, and interaction between our school and community industries.  

The will assist with selecting a strong advisory board 

I learned that advisory board members typically have deep knowledge of the industry in which the organization operates. They can provide valuable insights into industry trends, emerging technologies, market challenges, and potential opportunities. This information can help the company stay ahead of the curve and make informed decisions.

I learned about what to look for when forming committees, prospecting for individuals that have an interest, are available and committed to the work, have the character and skills to lead as chair. Forming a database to pull potential chairs, co-chairs and members serving on the committee. To recruit people that are results oriented, have strong organizational skills, willing to take charge and posses a clear idea of the what the purpose and mission is for the committee. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities