Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

education

ONline courses are very manageable

@mrmoise32 : I agree, I would much rather complete training online than I would in a classroom.  Online courses can be self paced and I can find time to do them when it's convenient for my schedule.

I do prefer online courses because you can start, stop, and come back to them as your schedule permits.  They actually make learning and completion of requirements easier!

I would have to agree! Working full time it is easier to do these types of courses online, at home when I can take my time.

@Bpepperman : I would agree to...

Online has never appealed to me.  My preference is definitely attending lecture in a classroom setting, meeting with other colleagues face to face.  Online can be an important adjunct to a course.  My generation is not computer.

@vsanders : "My generation is not computer" - what generation is that? because I'm 60, and I much prefer computer-learning (classroom learning, OTOH, is utter torture).  I think it's great we have these courses presented in an online environment.  But what's really great is the use of computers in our schools - the increase in efficiency also means we have more time to spend assisting our students, which is the most important thing we do.

@amandadixon : I've never taken an online course myself, but I know it is becoming more and more popular with the pace of life and the fact that many people have to work full time and cannot afford to take time off for tradional classroom learning.

I like having the option. However, I prefer the face to face courses. It allows for dynamic conversations on topics. Information is shared in a larger setting otherwise not received in an online format.

@vsanders :I agree.  I enjoy the personal interaction in a classroom and the ease of conversation and discussion.  Also, I cannot read a computer screen for any length of time.  The plus of online is that you can work when it is convenient and that I appreciate.

Sign In to comment