Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Compensation

The federal regulations prohibit compensation directly or indirectly related to student enrollments. By comparing the approved and unapproved methods explain which methods are most effective.

I think the law makes clear what is prohibited in relation to compensation related to student enrollments. However, what can sometimes be missed when we implement approved methods is that we don't use them simply because we cannot use other methods. We use them becasue they can be effective means of recognizing staff success. We don't focus on that fact we can only give a plaque to recognize someone; we should focus on the fact it is important to recognize people and recognize success and an approved way of doing this is by giving a plaque to someone.

Recognition of the individuals that are enrolling students that are successful is highly effective. This would include promotions as deemed by the employees performance.

I feel that by acknowleding employees ,face to face, and their hard work is sufficent enough. A simple thank you goes along way. I also beleive that having quarterly award ceremonies within the comany to acknowledge performace is always a moral booster.

My perception is as an employee being told im doing a great job is enough

To me the greatest satisfaction i get is not from my employer its actually from my students. Having them come up to me and thanking me for helping them get through the process and finding a better life at the end of their journey here, is really the most gratifying.

Scott,
u
Thank you for joining the forum! Many instructors find graduation and student success highly motivating. Your heart for the student shows.

Cindy Bryant

Knowing that student's lives are being changed is a great feeling. A thank you from a student or just seeing how happy they are on graduation day is the greatest method of gratitude.

Working as a team to ensure students know what they are about to complete is the most important part of what we do. Changing peoples lives is the most important part. Seeing a student at graduation is the highest recognition that anybody can get.

I completely agree with Ed Kraus. Working as a team is the thing that will benefit the student in the long run. When we work as a team we work more efeciently and we ultimately will change a students life andseeing the student graduate is the ultimate gift.

I know the meaning "money makes the world go...." but I believe being acknowledged by higher ups and seeing your students succeed is far more important and self-gratifying.

Josh,

Most employees yearn for reassurance that they are doing a good job. Great ways to motivate others is by offering positive feedback -- both publicly and privately. Weekly memos or e-mails, and regular staff meetings, are the perfect forums for recognizing special contributions that teachers or other staff members make.

Cindy Bryant

Toni,

Graduation is what everyone is working toward. Students are happy to begin their new career and the school feels a sense of accomplishment because they have helped another person succeed in changing their life forever.

Cindy Bryant

Seeing our student's succeed and turn their lives around is very gratifying. Appreciation and recognition from those we have assisted with an education and a better life is motivation and compensation in itself.

Vivian,

Hi. Seeing the students become successful is usually the greatest motivation.

Cindy Bryant

The most effective way to to praise an associate is by giving public praise or presenting the enroller with a plaque that say they have do a greast job nothing that is of monetary or tradable worth.

Danielle,

Hi, many schools like to offer plaques and trinkets for jobs well done. This is something that they can proudly display and may motivate others who would like to receive the same information.

Cindy Bryant

I feel the most effective method is recognition. Everyone wants to feel that they are a valued employee and play a role in the success of the company. Recognition can come in the form of plaques and trophies in a group setting, dialogue between the supervisor and employee, or an email. In the end, recognition will warrant more productivity and a greater appreciation for the company from the employee.

Ashley,

Recognition is a powerful tool and quite effective when appropriately administered. Managers and companies that understand recognition know that it is not just about fun and games. It’s about creating and sustaining a culture of productivity, ingenuity, loyalty, customer satisfaction and a positive work environment.

Cindy Bryant

It is very gratifying to see a student employed and graduated. We encourage past graduates to stay in contact with the school for this specific purpose.

Sign In to comment