Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe employee recognition through verbal recognition as well as plaques / trophies are most effective.

Something as little as "job well done" or a plaque indicating this goes a long way in motivating employees.

Tina,

Recent research shows that specific and appropriate praise and recognition are still simply the key motivators to employee performance and success. And so often overlooked.Thanks for your thoughts!

Jay Hollowell

At our institution, admissions staff working for a common goal. No individual goals for admitting students. This joins the group and there is no competition between them. A successful enrollment is success for all.The recognition is for everyone.

Our reps are not awarded compensation for enrollments, but I found it harder to keep them energized after each start when I first took over admissions. Traditionally in sales this is where I would announce the incentive program but with higher education rules I have worked hard to build their purpose and important role in the college. It seems to be having a greater long lasting impact.

Approved methods of recruitment to grow enrollment are going to be most effective. The most effective way that I can think of to give potential students desire and motivation to attend the school is to show some of the work that they would do in class. Hands-on experiences are most lasting and can generate strong sensory impressions that the potential student can retain. There's nothing in what I've seen in this training that forbids potential students observing classes to make a decision. My children's charter school lets interested families observe courses, which builds trust and transparency between the school and the family - why not do this more?

Recognizing superior employees and combining that with quality assurance scores.

Approved methods are best because they cannot adversely sway someone into making a decision based on compensation in the form of gifts or discounts.

Rewarding staff for a job well-done can be tricky. I think it is best to establish corporate-wide bonus structures that do not rely on enrollment, placement, retention, or income statement profitability. Organizations can recognize staff by creating structures that are based solely on commitment to corporate mission statements and values and how those relate to student success, not enrollment. Creating achievement clubs and the like would be great for recognition purposes as well. Annual reminders like this training are excellent ways to remind those who feel departmental bonuses are deserved that they are not acceptable methods of rewarding staff.

The approved methods of acknowledging employees for doing a good job by rewarding with recognition and awards are effective methods.

Due to Federal regulations it is prohibited for employers to compensate their staff with direct or indirect actions reflecting the student that he/she enrolls.

Students should be awarded for achieving their goal but I do not feel that they should be compensated. When we speak of awarding, I mean like a certificate for best writer, etc.

The methods most effective would be to honest, helpful and if possible, offer a discount to all students which will make them feel special.

I believe the prohibiting of compensation indirectly or directly related to student enrollment is one of the best things. I was not part of the industry when these types of practices were allowed. I truly and genuinely want my prospects to succeed in life and with out the thought of a compensation (because its hard to not think about it)you have a clear mind to help the prospect to make the best decision. You are helping the prospect and you can feel good about the way you proceeded. Sometimes we do things in life that would not be in the best interest of someone because we are gaining something in return.

approved method is much more effective. This way we only employ admissions reps who are passionate about changing someone' lives.

Completion of the program should been compensation for the students. All their hard work amounted to them completing and graduating from the program.

I believe recognition of accomplishments is the best method. This allows for staff to be praised for their efforts without offering a financial incentive that might lead to unethical practices.

Sign In to comment