Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Christine,

Thank you so much, this is so helpful as a list of important recommendations to ensure students fully understand their choices and financial obligations in concert their education and training. I hope that all course participants have the opportunity to review your suggestions!

Jay Hollowell

They are getting stricter. The impact on my school is that it seems like everytime we want do something, there's a new rule in place and it feels like our hands are tied.

It has increased. Probably because of the "mystery shoppers" and the negative press that came out of that. Area of compliance.

I am new to the education world, having spent the last dozen years or so recruiting health care professionals. As a former student myself, I can see that there has been a stronger focus on regulating the financial aid programs, as well as on positive, successful outcomes for students.
I'm glad to see a commitment to students' success, as opposed to just getting them enrolled to qualify for federal financial aid.

Our college is dedicated to ensuring our students complete our nursing program with the ability pass the NCLEX exam and obtain meaningful employment. We go the extra mile during the admissions process to prescreen applicants for fit as well as 'meeting the bare requirements' for enrollment.

I think that the changes in Regulatory environment over the past few years is a good thing. i think that it ensure students are going to college for the reasons they intend to go: to get a job from the training and schooling received. I like the job placement help from the education institutions. I think it sure beats being alone in endeavoring to find employment after education.

I think that Accreditors are feeling more pressure from USDE to enforce DE Standards and they seem distracted from their own missions' of ensuring high academic standards are met. The Definition of Credit Hour and outside work is a good example of this.

My career college is brand new to title IV funding. I started out as the Lead Instructor and am now the financial aid director so all of the regulations are new to me. As the Lead Instructor, building student trust and setting high standards has always been a goal, so that should make for an easy transition.

There seems to be a mistrust of "for profit" colleges. Rules and regulations have been promulgated that apply only to the for profit schools. One must remember that these schools are business that receive no governmental support in their operations except for the loans that students receive. Therefore, tuition and costs would have to be more than a subsidized community or state college.

Hi Jay,
I submitted my answer at the end of module 1.
John L.

Regulatory environment is more transparent now, there is no more hide and seek game. This really helped our school to achieve our goal and change our culture.

Regulatory environment is more transparent now, there is no more hide and seek game. This really helped our school to achieve our goal and change our culture.

The primary change I have seen is that accrediting bodies are giving even more attention to ensure that its members are following their policies. I am proud to say that the organization I belong to has really not altered its manner of doing business. I would attribute that to the fact that it has a very clear understanding that our students are our customers. And that catalogs represent the contracts we have with those customers. But I believe the heightened awareness over the last few years in the for-profit sector regarding improprieties has helped all of us to see just how expensive and costly the consequences of such acts can be.

Sign In to comment