Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Jackie,

Welcome! This is a great strategy. Having the referral contact you helps you to determine their level of interest.

Cindy Bryant

Just being sincere to a student and being positive, shows the student that our institution cares about them and word of mouth brings the best referrals.

Whenever a student calls in and states what a wonderful experience they are having, I always ask if they have any friends or family that would be interested in having the same experience.

Justin,

Thanks for joining the forum. Sometimes we forget the impact of being positive has on others. Positivism has far reaching ability to change minds and impact decisions.

Cindy Bryant

Mark,

Hi, this is a great strategy that allows the student share their good news without having a lot of pressure placed on them.

Cindy Bryant

While we are building relationships with our students we try to ask who is supprting them through this process, and if they feel as if they would benefit from expanding their education as well. Many of our students are more comfortable having someone else go through the experience with them.

Jennifer,

The "buddy system" is a great way to motivate students to achieve their goals. You are right having someone there who is experiencing the same challenges creates a very strong support system. Also, this increases the schools retention rate and number of referrals.

Cindy Bryant

Being a young and small school, referrals are important in building the college. With that being said we do not ask for referrals from every student at every conversation. We like to let the focus be on the student that applied, until we reach a point when the student commits to us. At that point the Admissions Advisor knows the correct time and way to ask. Once the referral conversation has been do we really push that the referred student reach out to us versus us reaching out to them. this will show motivation and interest. If we do need to reach out to a student we will run the phone number through our DNC registry.

Bryan,

I am sure that your students are very forth-coming with student referrals. It is good to know that you encourage the referred student to contact you. I agree, if they reach out to you that shows their commitment to change their life.

Cindy Bryant

Word of mouth is the best referral

Barbie,

Hi, a positive reputation that allows your students to speak highly of your organization is the best publicity a school ca have. Happy students are ready and willing to refer their friends and family to an organization that can fulfill their goals.

Cindy Bryant

I show them a paper that we have for referrals and explain to them what it is for. I ask them if they have any friends that they know who are looking into going to school as well or if they know anyone in a similar situation that is looking to make a change.

Referrals or personally developed inquiries are the best compliment someone can receive. There are many methods that can be used starting with your initial phone call with an individual. In that initial call you can invite their support system or someone they know that may be in a similar situation to accompany them in their visit to the school. During your interview with the person you can simply verbally ask the person who else might welcome some information about the school. You can use a form like many mentioned where prospective students can complete a list of those they think would welcome some higher learning. In addition, you also have like someone mentioned earlier your current student body who have the best feedback to give on the quality of education at your institution and can be a source of referral opportunities. The biggest thing I can say though is that if you are not treating your prospects fairly or ethically, you have no right to ask, so in anything you do make sure you are putting your best foot forward, stay compliant and use honest practices. Referrals will come if you are doing the right thing.

I feel that the best way to get referrals would be to have current prospective students bring a friend with them to the interview. It gives the person an opportunity to see what we offer and could spark their interst in seeking higher education.

Ask them if they know anyone who wants to attend school, ask for email or phone # to contact the referral.

We do not formally ask any student for referrals, however we do invite our students to bring a friend to school with them on designated times of the month and allow them to sit in class. No pressure.

Jerry,

Hosting events such as, "Bring a Friend to School Days'' is great way to subtly ask for a referral. It also energizes the students and employees.

Cindy Bryant

Aimee,

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Once you receive this information how would you handle this referral?

Cindy Bryant

We often hold student events so they can show their projects to their friends and get them excited in participating in our school.

Hi Cindy

We all know the best advertisement is word of mouth. Encourage a student to tell others if they are happy about what they know of your school. Let them know how much you appreciate their spreading the word.

If you giving a talk on what your school has to offer, ask that if someone in attendance may not be interested, to please pass the word along to anyone who they may know who would be interested.

Sandra

Sign In to comment