Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We do not elicit referrals in our school. Our graduates refer prospective students to the program because they believe in the school's culture and effective teaching.

We typically do not ask our students for referrals. However, we do have a program at our school where we invite friends and family to visit. The student's love it and our visitors do also!

Denise ,

HI! Inviting friends and family to visit the college is a wonderful way to share what the the positive attributes of the college. This is a passive approach for gathering referrals. As said "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Cindy Bryant

WE DO ASK STUDENTS FOR REFERRALS, REFERRALS IS THE BEST NEW METHOD OF OBTAINING A STUDENT THAT WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THE ONE TO ONE INTERACTION WITH THE PERSON THAT REFERED THEM

My method for referrals is simple. I am always honest with students, so a student that feels like you wont lie to them will provide you with referrals without you even needing to ask. i even have some students that keep my card with them so that if they meet someone that they feel needs this they can recommend them.

Andrew,

Students are looking for integrity, delivery of services and customer service when choosing a school. As long as a school {or admissions representative) delivers on those points they will be comfortable recommending their school to others. For the most part prospective students make their decisions based on the relationship with their admissions representative.

Cindy Bryant

Asking current students when you see them on campus.

Asking a prospect when on the phone with them.

Asking when I am out in the public, if for instance, I am a lunch.

Barbara,

These are all good responses. Would you agree that the most cooperative students are those that are referred by current students?

Cindy Bryant

if you bond with them they will bring names and #s to you because of trust

Tony,

Creating a bond with students or any individual leads to trust which always will lead to a positive outcome.

Cindy Bryant

Word of mouth, alumni referrals, and friends and family. As much as 50% of enrollment is returning students, or those who have been referred.

We do ask if our students know any like-minded people that would benefit from a conversation. We usually ask in the enrollment/financial aid process, and then once again when they have started School. After the first week or two they have such an excitement for what they are doing it is a great time to ask them if they know anyone else we could help!

Terri,

I think it is very smart to wait until the students are invested in their education before asking for referrals.

Cindy Bryant

I think this is a excellent way to receive referrals and opportunity to connect new prospective students.

This is exactly what we encourage. A good portion of our new students are referred by current students and or alumni. We encourage them to invite them to an event on campus and we let the experience speak for itself.

RGR's

The University that I work for currently has many students come to our school through students themselves referring our school. We do not actually have in place any kind of specific referral process.
But if a student does not want to receive any more notifications we do remove them from the listings. We do comply with the regulations if the students contacts us for information.

Toni Ann,

Hi! I am not sure that I am following you, what does RGR stand for?

Cindy Bryant

Our school do not advertise, all our students are referral from former students. We do not ask them to do it. We have about 10 instructors that are working with us for more than 15 years and some since the school has been open... 30 years! In our case I think the tradition are our strong value, everybody knows somebody who study there.

Simone,

It is wonderful to hear that a school relies completely upon it's reputation especially in such trying times.

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment