Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would respond by saying I am here to provide you with all the information about our institution and cover all areas of concern. I would suggest they do research on other schools if they like but I can only provide correct information on our school and its results.

Our school philosophy rests on our reputation. We do know there are biggest and (perhaps) better than ours but we have focused our efforts not in getting better based on our own performance and not compared to others.

Said that, we try to answer the students on what we are, what we offer and what we can do for them instead of what others don't or cannot.

I would not give out comparison unless the data is give to us as Reps to disclose to the potential student.

I would only provide them with our information and suggest to them that they would have to compare, based on the information given to them by the other institution.

I agree. Share all our information in relation to our institution then suggest they research other insitutions and come to a decision that will best suit them.

William,

I always recommend that you follow your colleges guidelines but another practice is to have the student complete their comparison of colleges independently.

Cindy Bryant

The best way is to tell the student to go check out the other school and make there own comparison after they tour your campus. that way they can make an educated decision. it is there education and that comes first

Would it be correct if I show them around campus, introduce them to current students and go over the program catalog they are highly interested in? Because I would like to do that.

Alicia,

Depending upon your colleges procedures it may be fine and it could work very well. Many admissions counselors walk the prospective students through the campus to allow them to get a feel for student life.

Cindy Bryant

We will avoid to speak about other institutions. Our academy has so many good things that it is really unnecessary to discredited others. This practice it never used in our academy

I would tell them to compare the schools with a tour of the facilities and ask them what they are looking for based on their needs. You can only give an accurate description of your campus. I definitely would find out what other competitors have to offer as far as programs. I would always advertise that we are an accredited program and offer a degree.

I support their decision to look into all their options and emphasize what our school has to offer.

I cannot compare specifics about the competion because I don't work for them and it wouldn't be fair to you the potential student. What I can do is provide you with information about our school and our programs and answer your questions. I encourage you to get information from the competition to compare. At that time after you have the information then I will be available to answer your questions and help you make the right decision about which school is right for you.

Randal,

Absolutely! It is more important to share the benefits of your institution rather than the negatives of another institution. It is a measurement of integrity and professionalism. Bravo!

Cindy Bryant

I always tell them that I cannot provide information on another insitution but I would be happy to answer any questions they have about our school.

I would suggest that the student conduct their own due diligence in regards to raw data/statistics. I would offer our catalog to help in their research, and possible suggest to do the same with other institutions. I would also make an effort to answer any other questions I could help them with, and inquire about their needs and interests.

Jefferson,

Having students do their own research is very important. Being a good researcher involves more than "merely" coming up with a list of colleges to speak with but includes making a comprehensive checklist regarding their program of choice. Most of the time spent on the research is done behind the scenes by reviewing colleges online to determine the basic objectives of the institution and moving forward through the interview process. It is important that the prospective students are comparing "like" programs. This is where you as an associate of the college come in...to give the students guidance on what to compare.

Cindy Bryant

I think it is always a good ldea to ask the student when they are looking for in a school. There are many great schools out there and I think you should look at ALL of them so you can make the best choice for yourself.

I would tell the prospect that every institution have different offers, that they need to do their own research have choose the best options for them

Ashley,

This is a solid question-It is important to seek out exactly what the student is seeking to be able to advise the student accurately.

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment