Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree that having clear and concise compliant policy is critical to the success of the school, so to avoid a lawsuit

My previous institution would rely on student feedback and anonymous surveys taken from students to identify any complaints so they could be addressed.

Quinne,

Hi! Did you feel that the anonymous surveys help to impact policy and procedures on the campus?

Cindy Bryant

We have created a chain of command. If a student is having an issue, she is to discuss the issue with the instructor first. If the issue is not resolved, the student is to meet with the DON assistant, then the DON followed by a meeting with the student, staff and owners.

I think discussing this matter at orientation with the students is awesome. This way they'll know the process and know what to do should an issue arise.

Students may place a complaint through a referral form. These are collected on a daily and resolved immediately. All cmplaints are reviewed by the campus Director and a resolution is shared.

Margie,

I really like the idea of addressing the student complaints in such an immediate time frame. It is very important that the resolution is shared with everyone, this allows all parties to understand the issues that the campus deals with on a daily basis.

Cindy Bryant

Yassmin,

It is great that student complaint processes are discussed at student orientation this allows the students to better understand that your college is up front about your protocols and that you care about your students feelings and concerns.

Cindy Bryant

We Have the 3 step program were students will be consulted with the process

We have our students fill out a form and talk to the director and education manager for complaints.

My institution has implemented a few different processes in order to ensure compliance. Those things include listening to phone calls after they are completed and reviewing them in order to ensure that they are staying compliant. Another way is by handing out scripts with frequently found topics that could be considered questionable when it comes to compliance.

I think that in every school there should be a position to work with students and their complains and also to explain to students what is the appropriate method for voicing their concern and act as a mediator

Our institution provides the information to our students in the campus catalog. It is clear, accessible, and simply written to ensure that the road to complaint resolution is as uncomplicated as possible.

Our school has quarterly student surveys that allow the students the opportunity to voice their opinions.

Sign In to comment