Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Safe Harbors

In your opinion, what impact will the removal of the twelve safe harbors have on an institution?

In my opinion the impact of the removal of the twelve safe harbors on our institution will be ultimately a positive one. Although difficult at the beginning, eventually the impact will be a work environment which rewards employees through positive encouragement and one where the students feel safe and protected.

If think it will be a positive influence as a whole.

I think the impact will be positive, fostering a honest environment for all students.

Well, I am not going to be politically correct here. I think it is a terrible idea and an example of the government being far too involved in micro-managing the way schools do business. I have no problem with strict enforcement if a school is involved in unethical behzvior, but I think this is going way overboard.

I think this could have a negative impact on our ability to recruit the very best possible admission's staff. By this I mean the very top tier, who work very hard to perform at a high level while maintaining the highest ethical standards, who are driven to produce outstanding results. They may view these new rules as inhibiting their ability to be rearded adequately for their performance.

I believe that the removal of the 12 safe harbors will help institutions continue to act in an ethical manner while giving prospective students addtional comfort in knowing that they are not just numbers to the institution.

In my opinion it will have a postive impact. It will foster an environment of honesty. Additionally, I believe it will go a long way in insuring that only those students that would truly benefit from a particular program, are the ones being enrolled at said program.

It helps to ensure that the right students are being matched up with the particular program that will ultimately serve them the best in the career of their choice.

I would partly agree with Dewey.
I believe their are ways to appreciate those who are doing a good job and enrolling students and are highly skilled in what they do, versus penalizing them because of a few bad "used car sales men". Have we gone so far to believe people do not have a choice. After all, if a student is inquiring about a school, are they not partially interested in going to that school? I know this is a hot topic, but realy, If someone is going to take the time to go through several steps in seeing if they qualify to attend a school and perhaps qualify for financial aid, they should know that there should be something required besides taking up the schools time and resources.... I.E. a commitment.

I believe removal of the safe harbors will bring more accreditability to our schools. Our will no longer be looked at as used car dealership but we will be view as establishments of higher education. There will no longer be incentives to treat the students like a piece of meat and we are only using for our own personal gain. Integrity will become the norm because people truly do want to do the right thing but when there is money involved, people tend to lose their integrity.

Removing 12 safe Harbors will eventually create a better work environment and will provide our students a great and safe learning environment!

The removal of the Safe Harbors keeps high pressure sales tactics out of the institution. There will be no conflict of interest.

I believe the removal of safe harbors will ultimately benefit students. I am new in this field so did not work in the environment when safe harbors were allowed.

I think removing the twelve safe harbor acts will at first impact a schools bottom line as far as the recruitment of new students. It will ultimately help retention because the admissions department will be able to help quality students instead of getting an application or what we call just paper.

I believe by the removal of the safe harbors it will be a true positive to our industry. The focus will be putting people in school that have a clear understanding of what to expect both good and bad. Admissions will have more of a drive at quality as apossed to quanity. The main focus by the industry now is completion, graduation and gainful employment. Focusing now on our students dream of changing their lives.

They will be more cautious about making offers to potential students solely for enticement purposes, and rightfully so!

It will have a positive impact as we provide our students with honest information

I believe that it has a negative impact on the industry as a whole. There is nothing wrong with incentivising people who do a good job. People who work effectively and efficiently. I understand the need for regulations however tie that success to the success of the student. Reward representatives who recruit quality students who complete the programs. By not providing additional incentives you will loose some of the best and brightest people who will choose to pursue other career opportunities as a result.

I believe the removal of the 12 safe harbors will have an overall positive effect on the entire process. When commissions are tied to a person’s paycheck people will sometimes revert to unethical behavior so that they can make enough money to pay their bills and survive.

Sign In to comment