Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would tell an employee to always be honest with anyone who has questions or concerns about our institution, if you do not have an answer go find the correct one and be sure to read the employee hand guide before giving any information to assure that they are giving out accurate information.

Take time to talk to the Admissions representatives at your school, along with program directors. Both groups of individuals can give you better insight into the do's and dont's of misrepresenting your institution.

I so agree with this. The Permissable Language is a great tool for all employees.

Don't be afraid to say "I DON'T KNOW"

Admissions Reps should have a chance to shadow in the specific program so they are aware of the details of the program. Program Directors are a great source of information to the Admissions Reps.

Tricia ,
I completely support any means for Admissions Reps to acquire product knowledge, particularly related to expanding their understanding of the details of any programs offered by the institution.

Traci Lee

I would advise new employees to make sure they know the policies and procedures for the company and follow them accordingly. I usually tell new employees that this is not their school or their business and if they choose to work at this company, they should do things the way the company has requested them to be done. I would also advise them that it pays to do thing right and treat people the way you would like to be treated. My final bit of advice is to let them know the consequences attached to misrepresentation.

I would tell them if they don't know the correct answer, tell the person they are talking to that you don't know but you will get that answer for them.
Even if we feel that our institution is the best, never tell a prespective student that our school is better than all the rest.

My advice is that if you don't know an answer tell the prospective student that you do not know but will get the correct answer asap

I would advise them to take the time to gather as much information and do as much research as possible before confidently starting the job. I would encourage them to ask questions and not to guess at any item that is asked that they are not 100% sure of.

I train my staff that if they are unsure of the answer to seek management assistance and do not guess at the answer.

Joel,
Great to hear that you are providing such guidance and training. I think this is key to an institution's success.

Traci Lee

Sign In to comment